Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2018 Mirai range on full tank?

Integra143

My daughter just recently bought a 2018 Mirai. We want to drive up to bay area from OC. Harris Ranch fueling station is 225 miles away from our starting point.

Toyota Owners Club is UK based, with the majority of members in the UK. The Mirai has had very limited sales here - approx 185 since the car's introduction - and most of these have been to fleets. Plus there are only around 13 hydrogen refuelling stations in the UK.

To get responses to your question, you would probably be best to search for an American forum.

• Like 1

As always it will vary according to how you drive, road conditions, temperature etc. under the EPA measurement system it's given as just over 300 miles, under the European system it is nearer 400.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota Owners Club is UK based, with the majority of members in the UK. The Mirai has had very limited sales here - approx 185 since the car's introduction - and most of these have been to fleets. Plus there are only around 13 hydrogen refuelling stations in the UK.

To get responses to your question, you would probably be best to search for an American forum.

RE. you would probably be best to search for an American forum.

Are the UK distributed Mirais configured differently than the ones released in the US?

17 hours ago, Integra143 said:

RE. you would probably be best to search for an American forum.

Are the UK distributed Mirais configured differently than the ones released in the US?

there are very few Mirais privately owned  in the UK  - they basically all (which was only a couple hundred over the years anyway) went to fleets on lease as Toyota used them for information gathering rather than being profitable as sales. They were very expensive for individuals to buy so it is unlikely that you will find an UK Mirai owner on a forum.

Plus we have different roads & climate from California so how relevant  Mirai use mostly in the South of England is for you  ...

The range isn't stellar - I hear between 200-300 real world miles depending on how it's driven and whether you were able to fuel with a high-pressure pump. Optimum range seems to be achievable if you can stick to a constant 50mph-ish and no hills. At 70mph the range takes a large hit.

The terrible range is one of the things that put me off hydrogen - I'd want at least 600 for that kind of hassle. As it stands it's got the worst of both worlds - Rubbish range of an EV and have to go out of your way to fuel it up like an ICE.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I got my new Mirai in Amsterdam. Have driven a bit more than 100km and range now is indicated at 380km still to go. I bought the car privately, it is all the sophistication of the Lexus LS, with long wheelbase, extreme comfort and super quiet at two-thirds of the price.

Will fill up the tank today to see how that works (supposedly similar to lpg filling) and what the fully filled up range is; there are two stations in Amsterdam area, and another 6 or so in all of Holland, none yet in our northeast and south.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hello, sir

As a mechanical engineering student, I am researching hydrogen fuel cells for my thesis. I have some questions about the Toyota Mirai; if you have time to talk about your car, send me an email or leave your phone number and I will text you.

Yours sincerely, 

Adil Kurmantas.

email: adil_s1@mail.ru

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links