Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Maintenance Warning.

Grompix

This warning message just came on as I was driving home this morning (see pic).
Considering my 2020 Yaris Mk4 Hybrid Excel (supposedly) had a major service at the end of June this year (according to Birmingham Toyota I purchased the vehicle from - and Toyota's database), should this warning message be showing?
Does anyone know of any circumstances / problems / faults which could cause this warning to appear in error?
...or do I assume that this dealer has lied about doing the service (to me and to Toyota UK) and is yet another complaint to add to the inexorably-growing list I am putting together?
Hope someone can help.
Cheers
Chris 🤔     

20210909_115548c.jpg

You do not really need help from here, just complain directly, forcefully and courteously to your Toyota Dealer Chris. And give him the rest of your complaints too. Then please update us all.

• Thanks 1

Oh, dear, dear, dear ... The only reason that would appear is if the dealer hadn't reset it properly at the time of service and I believe I am right in saying that that requires Toyota Techstream in order to do that (which I'm betting this dealer-who-seems-to-be-on-a-mission-to-ruin-Toyota's-name of yours doesn't even have!). That dealer of yours is really outdoing himself, isn't he?!!

What a bunch of planks it sounds like they are!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john p williams said:

You do not really need help from here, just complain directly, forcefully and courteously to your Toyota Dealer Chris. And give him the rest of your complaints too. Then please update us all.

While you're at it have a chat with one of the local curb stones near the dealers, you may get a better response 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And you better check oil colour on the dipstick, something is telling that the dealer in question might have even skip your service and only make you believe they had done it. Few months old oil or few 1000 miles should be clean as new in these cars. If it’s dark best to be done again with a new filter., don’t want to scaremongering but this is what I would have done if it was me.👍

• Thanks 1

To reset go to      Settings - Vehicle settings - Oil maintenance  

just seen Bobs above.  You Tube shows lots of “tricks”

• Thanks 1

Many thanks chaps. I didn't realise you could switch off the oil warning via the vehicle menu.
I took my car down to my local (Newcastle) Toyota  dealership this afternoon. Reluctantly, I might add as I don't actually have a very high opinion of them either since they were bought out by the Stoneacre conglomerate (as all my nearest Toyota dealers have been).
However, they interrogated their more detailed Toyota service database for my car and confirmed it had indeed been serviced and gave me a copy of their printout which included a list of the parts that had been used in the service (including a new key-fob Battery and a number plate!).  I've also checked the colour of my oil and it appears golden and new.
So it looks like Steven Eagell Birmingham Toyota have indeed done a service BUT not the 'major' service they entered into Toyota's database. The actual servicing carried out shows it was an 'Intermediate' service - so they even got the name of that wrong! 😒
My dealership also informed me they were not allowed to reset the oil warning message that had been missed by another dealer. They said they would reset it if they did the next service (which would be around July / Sept 2022!). In the meantime just ignore the message as the car will be OK! 🤔
They obviously didn't know anything about the in-car reset that Flash22 and Catlover have kindly pointed out!
Apparently they are not allowed to stamp a service book either if another garage/dealer has carried out the service (which I kind-of understand).

Ah well, yet another incident to add to the growing dispute list I have with Steven Eagel Birmingham Toyota. I will post a full account on this forum soon(sh) as things are coming to a head now. The abridged version of the story I've posted on here is incredible enough but I've missed out so many other gob-smacking incidents. Honestly, when reading the full account - you really couldn't make it up!
I will say that, happily for me, my credit card company has responded positively to my invocation of section 75 of the 1974 consumer credit act and it looks like I will be getting back a chunk of money as a form of recompense for all this inconvenience.
It is a good thing I enjoy owning and driving my Mk4 Yaris otherwise... 😒
Thanks again chaps.
Chris 😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grompix said:

The actual servicing carried out shows it was an 'Intermediate' service - so they even got the name of that wrong! 😒
My dealership also informed me they were not allowed to reset the oil warning message that had been missed by another dealer. They said they would reset it if they did the next service (which would be around July / Sept 2022!). In the meantime just ignore the message as the car will be OK! 🤔
They obviously didn't know anything about the in-car reset that Flash22 has kindly pointed out!

I think that's really poor service. It would be understandable if the dealer had been unable to confirm whether the service had been completed and whether the oil had been changed, but if it's on the service records confirming it has been done and simply an omission of resetting the counter, then to say a customer has to live with the message for the next year is ridiculous.

Resetting the oil service timer so quick and simple, I don't see why they wouldn't just do it to quickly solve a customer's problem and create happy repeat customer. Bizarre.

• Like 1

I think all of here on TOC forum know the first service (12month/10000 miles) is an Intermediate. Pity Steven Eagle Birmingham didn’t seem to know what they were doing/did.                   
It will be good for your mindset to actually have seen Toyota paperwork confirms a service was carried out, and that has been verified by a visual inspection of the engine oil.            
Surely “things” can only get better.

• Like 1

I had mine serviced by this main dealer from new. They always overfilled the oil, disconnected the Dashcam (why?), scratched the bumper (denied it, but offered a free MOT), charged for a keyfob Battery that wasn't included in the schedule, begged me to give a good review (as if), lost a GB plate and various other things that I can't remember. Unfortunately there isn't another Toyota dealer locally. I guess I'll be looking to Korea next.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

Unfortunately there isn't another Toyota dealer locally. I guess I'll be looking to Korea next.

Wow! That's a bit radical Bob?!! lol!

9 hours ago, bathtub tom said:

I had mine serviced by this main dealer from new. They always overfilled the oil, disconnected the dashcam (why?), scratched the bumper (denied it, but offered a free MOT), charged for a keyfob battery that wasn't included in the schedule, begged me to give a good review (as if), lost a GB plate and various other things that I can't remember. Unfortunately there isn't another Toyota dealer locally. I guess I'll be looking to Korea next.

A courteously worded letter sent directly to the Dealer Principal informing him of your dissatisfaction  will provoke a response that he will not enjoy writing ,but which may lead to your satisfaction Bob.

Please do keep us all posted on developments.