Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Device ID and Request Code

FiestaRed

Can anyone please advise how to find the Device ID and the Request Code please?

I've found these before and written them down but couldn't put the Req Code into MyT. I contacted the Toyota Connectivity Team to let them know my Req Code wasn't being accepted and after sending them a copy of the code, they're now asking that I take a shot of the Device ID and Req Code on the cars screen but after sitting in the car for 20 minutes, I can't remember how I got the codes in the first place.

I thought it was Settings/General/ System Info but I can't even find System Info any longer.

No one able to help? I thought the codes were mentioned in one of the earlier map updating posts but I can't unfortunately find it now.

Sorry, I can't remember, i've not done it since I got the car a couple of years ago and since then the last 2 times Toyota ended up doing it for me as there was an issue on the website with me downloading the files.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bewA said:

Sorry, I can't remember, i've not done it since I got the car a couple of years ago and since then the last 2 times Toyota ended up doing it for me as there was an issue on the website with me downloading the files.

I found them with the help of a post on here originally. I then entered the Request Code to download the latest map update but for some reason the code wouldn't be accepted. I then got in touch with the Toyota Connectivity Team who also tried to enter code for me but they also failed. They've now asked me to take a photo of the screen showing the codes I sent them.

• Like 1

usual caveat that I have an older version of T2G:

As you say they should be under Setup>General>System Info - you may have to scroll down some

Failing that, if you go to MyToyota on the Toyota website & go the estore, there will be 3 sub headings in a line - purchases, basket, payment history

If you go to purchases you should be able to see the map update, for my last update it shows:

Map Update 6.17.0L 

Single Map Update for MapCare Customers Spring 2021 for Toyota Touch 2 with Go
DeviceID : REDACTED
XXXX-YYYY-ZZZZ-AAAA   <This is the activation/authorisation code that you enter into the head unit (I have redacted mine)

Terms and Conditions
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help Scott, really appreciated.

That was the stage I got to last time but the code I entered was "Not recognised" I sent the same code to Toyota Connectivity who tried and got the same results. As I mentioned they asked for a photo of the codes but I can't get back to the same page to take a photo.

Entering Set Up>General, the last entry on the screen is called "Software Information" and this is just line after line of script that then goes into different languages as I scroll down.

4 hours ago, FiestaRed said:

As I mentioned they asked for a photo of the codes but I can't get back to the same page to take a photo.

Go to https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore.

Login.

Go to the purchases page (in mine because over the years  I have had multiple purchases for multiple cars I get asked to choose which car, I doubt that you  do).

Below that you should see Active, select Map Update & at the rhs of that you will see a red down arrow, click that. You should then be able to see the Device ID & below that the Authorisation Code for that Map Update.

ToyEstore.jpg

ToyEstore2.jpg

Thanks Scott. The page I'm trying to get to is shown below. I followed and got the Request Code, entrered it as shown on the page but kept getting Code Not Recognised. Now I can't even find the System Information tab.

Screenshot (187).jpg

afaik (& unless they have changed it since my admittedly older & non-OTA capable T2G head unit) end users don't need the Request Code?

Dealers use it to generate the activation code for a map update but as an end user if you have downloaded the map update via the Toyota estore you will already have that - see my above post. You do not input the request code as the activation code.

Have you checked your estore page to see if your activation code is shown (again as in my above post)?

• Like 1

No activation code showing at all in the e-store Scott.

The photo in my post above was generated via the e-store and at the bottom of the photo it says "Enter Request Code Here".

e-store via phone app or computer? If by computer then our e-stores appear to be quite different as well as my head unit being an older generation of T2G hardware so I won't be able to help 😞

All else fails take it to a dealer - it may be that you have a faulty head unit (I had one replaced under warranty in my 2012 Avensis when it wouldn't update) or it has a software error of some sort.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help Scott. Really appreciated.

• Like 1

Just heard back from the Toyota Connectivity team and they said:

The steps to finding your request code is different for our new generation of multimedia systems, you need to follow: Setup > Online > Toyota Online > Map Update

Hope this helps someone else with their map updates.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, FiestaRed said:

Just heard back from the Toyota Connectivity team and they said:

The steps to finding your request code is different for our new generation of multimedia systems, you need to follow: Setup > Online > Toyota Online > Map Update

Hope this helps someone else with their map updates.

Hey Mike, did you get this all sorted? Picked mine up today, and couldn't register the satnav as it wouldn't recognise my login details, manually added the device ID and the services now show registered, but cannot connect to the Internet. Send/receive settings, download trips, check software all give me the error username/password incorrect.

I seem to recall issues getting connected on both my auris, but can't remember how I solved. I know the username/pass is valid, myt app is connected, seems connected services all OK, but the portal access via the satnav just won't connect. It may just need time and not critical but bugging me as I want to have all the facilities available. 

Anyone else feel free to chime in...have a vague recollection of the head unit not liking complex passwords...symbols etc....may have dreamt that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Hey Mike, did you get this all sorted? Picked mine up today, and couldn't register the satnav as it wouldn't recognise my login details, manually added the device ID and the services now show registered, but cannot connect to the Internet. Send/receive settings, download trips, check software all give me the error username/password incorrect.

I seem to recall issues getting connected on both my auris, but can't remember how I solved. I know the username/pass is valid, myt app is connected, seems connected services all OK, but the portal access via the satnav just won't connect. It may just need time and not critical but bugging me as I want to have all the facilities available. 

Anyone else feel free to chime in...have a vague recollection of the head unit not liking complex passwords...symbols etc....may have dreamt that.

Hi Ian

How's the new car?

Bozz

17 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

All sorted now Ian. Not sure what happened but the code that was initially showing on my screen changed for a different one, just the last few digits. I've entered these now and I'm just waiting to find the time to download the latest map update to a USB stick.

9 hours ago, Bozz said:

Hi Ian

How's the new car?

Bozz

3 hours ago, FiestaRed said:

All sorted now Ian. Not sure what happened but the code that was initially showing on my screen changed for a different one, just the last few digits. I've entered these now and I'm just waiting to find the time to download the latest map update to a USB stick.

Loving the new car...took today off to get it cleaned, clayed, polished and waxed...looking awesome. Inside tomorrow...

I cracked the sat nav issue...I knew there was something odd about the login on the head unit. When I originally signed up my email was different...so although it says email it actually wants the Toyota ID...which in my case was firstname.lastname which came from my original email. Was driving me nuts but now all connected. 

Dropping the other half tomorrow and picking her up tomorrow night, so get to drive on roads I'm familiar with so will share thoughts after that. But so far, loving it and really glad I changed.

• Like 1