Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport exhaust backbox needed

corradovr6

Mine has got a slight hole in the backbox but unfortunately on the face of the end of the back box, so not really possible to repair.  A shame really, as the rest of it is absolutely fine, no corrosion or anything

How much is a replacement and any recommendations of types to use or avoid?

thanks

There is not much about, do you want standard or performance ? mild steel or stainless ?

I'd prefer stainless. I think the box is stainless but with mild steel piping, hence the corrosion.

I did see a few stainless ones on eBay but really don't want any extra noise, which most of these tend to have

Try Euroflo i think they will have to make it to order TBH due to the age

http://www.euroflo.co.uk/Catalogue/Toyota/Yaris/EuroFlo Exhaust Systems.aspx

Back box - EXTY6112 around £50-60 i think this is the non Tsport box tho

OEM numbers

01/2001-12/2002       17430-21200

12/2002-                     17430-21540

• Thanks 1

wow some of the prices there are pretty eye-watering! Thanks for looking though.

Seen some Klarius ones on eBay at £77, but i presume they'll be mild steel.  Any experience of them, in terms of quality and fitment?

Klarius is and Eastern European brand iirc, none of the bigger brands list anything for the Tsport, the Tsport's are all JAP built and are a lot different from what come out of france

• Thanks 1

I got one made for my previous T-Sport as I had the same problem. £350 for a cat back stainless steel exhaust with a lifetime warranty. 

They can make it as quiet as you want, I specified that I wanted the OEM sound and that was exactly what I got.

1 hour ago, Silver Yaris said:

I got one made for my previous T-Sport as I had the same problem. £350 for a cat back stainless steel exhaust with a lifetime warranty. 

They can make it as quiet as you want, I specified that I wanted the OEM sound and that was exactly what I got.

That's useful, thanks.  Could i ask where you had yours made?

Thank you for the good information all , I suspect my system is original and after 18 years may be past its best.

Having said that , I hear no blowing or leaks , I'm on about 51000 miles , and always make sure the engine is properly warmed up every drive ,so maybe it will be ok for a while.

Anyone know how long an OEM system lasts ?