Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shadow after badge removal

Wooster

TonyHSD suggested any Auris owner might want to remove the 'Hybrid' badges as it might make the car less attractive to the scumbags who like to remove Catalytic Converters.  (Catloc and tilt sensor already installed.)  I removed the 'Hybrid' and 'Auris' badges with the assistance of my wife's hairdryer.  All went well and there is nothing obvious to suggest there was ever any Badge stuck there.  However, being a pedantic old sod if I get the light 'just right' I can still see the outline of the badges.  I've washed the car several times and polished the Badge areas, but I can still (just) see the outline.  I can not feel the Badge outline with my finger nails. 

I was wondering, has anyone else experienced the same?  And, if anyone has any ideas about removing them. 

Hope the photo shows what I can see!

1716668785_HybridShadow.thumb.JPG.161f27ade9ed4e6b8d947848a76ec22a.JPG

52 minutes ago, Wooster said:

TonyHSD suggested any Auris owner might want to remove the 'Hybrid' badges as it might make the car less attractive to the scumbags who like to remove Catalytic Converters.  (Catloc and tilt sensor already installed.)  I removed the 'Hybrid' and 'Auris' badges with the assistance of my wife's hairdryer.  All went well and there is nothing obvious to suggest there was ever any badge stuck there.  However, being a pedantic old sod if I get the light 'just right' I can still see the outline of the badges.  I've washed the car several times and polished the badge areas, but I can still (just) see the outline.  I can not feel the badge outline with my finger nails. 

I was wondering, has anyone else experienced the same?  And, if anyone has any ideas about removing them. 

Hope the photo shows what I can see!

1716668785_HybridShadow.thumb.JPG.161f27ade9ed4e6b8d947848a76ec22a.JPG

Hi Andrew, 

it looks exactly the same as on my girlfriends Auris , perhaps been resprayed too. I am including the pictures of her car how we managed to cover with white stickers, there are options to attach other type of emblem like “sport” or “England flag” or anything to your like. We also did try t cut but didn’t make much of a difference, there is one positive thing though, it is ultra easy to reattach the original hybrid emblems when you decide to sell the car, I done it myself like a pro. 😉👍

41B4F5D8-53EB-4E4D-8229-AD6F61E95FCA.jpeg

7F73C608-25B2-4437-8E0A-AB94D5103135.jpeg 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARTINI-Racing-Blue-Red-Motorsport-Classic-Racing-Car-Bike-Decal-Sticker-100mm-/372692478924?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

in you case perhaps something blue to match the car colour. 👍

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

perhaps been resprayed too

Tony - I'm virtually certain my car hasn't been resprayed.  If it has, it was both wings and the tailgate!  I'm sure I would have seen other evidence elsewhere of damage repair. 

It's UV and general paint damage, you are seeing where It hasn't been exposed, it should cut back with a bit of compound and finish with a coat of polish

• Like 2

If there are marks on all panels then it’s likely from something else not overspray, perhaps from ageing or uv exposure as mentioned. T cut machine polish and then hand wax may help. My car didn’t have any marks except small amount of double sided tape which I cleaned with tar and glue remover then hand polished it. , but my girlfriend Auris had the same marks as yours on both front wings but not on the tailgate.  Here are some pictures from the day I removed mine. 

AD719D0A-4DCE-4534-BD8E-BB43F9DAAC38.jpeg

06E19F39-49B4-4027-9A71-959D22A36FD6.jpeg

1F6E27EA-B389-4C5F-B926-218E3B99F19B.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links