Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has your Aygo been broken into? Ours has!

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

The 2 switches are on the same circuit if its wired both doors will set the alarm off

as above if the interior light works on both door then the switches work

It also depends on the way the sensors have been set up

Update guys,

After another 3hr wait at the alarm guys today, for them to test the entire system, and changing 2 modules, they confirmed that this scorpion sa30 is faulty, and have agreed to replace it with an Avital alarm next week to be installed at my work place free of charge! Apparently the Scorpion system they fitted is an old model now obsolete. Fingers crossed this Avital system functions the door switches and central locking etc! I've never heard of Avital btw! 

I hope these guys don't damage any of my own cable routings to my speaker set up etc, you read all sorts of reviews online re some companies!

Not heard of Avital either,  i would pay a little extra and go up to a Cobra alarm (Its about £20-30 more) very good quality and Thatcham approved

well the faulty alarm make sense why they couldn't get it to work

Not having much luck are you Sam

• Like 1

Good to know you found the source of the problem, I was head scratching as to what was wrong!

If it's any help, we had 2 makes of alarm fitted to 2 of our motorcaravans, a Sigma and a Toad, both Thatcham approved and had no issues with either, but the Sigma one only had that van a couple years, but the Toad was on our van for 8 years no issues, no false alarms etc, which was impressive considering the type of vehicle and space it had to cope with.

Avital® Vehicle Remote Start and Security Systems

For nearly 20 years, Avital has been one of the biggest names in vehicle security and remote start. Wherever cars are stolen, where winter roars and rages, consumers look to the security and convenience of Avital – and year after year Avital delivers!

The popular Avital brand is one of Directed's most successful remote start lines, with these best selling Avital security systems rounding out a product mix that offers more solutions than ever before!

US phone number. 

Ah found it - Avital is Directed's consumer grade alarms aimed at the consumer and DIY market, Viper Is there higher end alarms both North American brands hence not being on the Thatcham list*

Clifford (also owned by Directed) is the UK's version of Viper

17 hours ago, flash22 said:

Ah found it - Avital is Directed's consumer grade alarms aimed at the consumer and DIY market, Viper Is there higher end alarms both North American brands hence not being on the Thatcham list*

Clifford (also owned by Directed) is the UK's version of Viper

Interesting reading, should I stick with Avital or enquire re an upgrade? I don't really want to spend much more on an alarm for a 13yr old Aygo if im honest 

The Avital is around the same price as the SA-30 - it looks like you have found a good company that backs up their work - go with the Avital

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

The Avital is around the same price as the SA-30 - it looks like you have found a good company that backs up their work - go with the Avital

Cheers flash22, will update soon, take care all

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links