Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has your Aygo been broken into? Ours has!

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

2 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi oldcodger my friend, I feel as if we've already sipped a tea together years back, gosh the years fly by us.

I agree,people are ignorant these days but as you say maybe because criminal's have become so darn violent eventhough normal people simply wish to protect their property let alone their lives! What has society come to. 

We will be having cctv installed shortly but having an alarm on my aygo just gives me that tiny bit of comfort knowing that they've attempted it again or attempting it if that makes sense.

How's the old rolla getting on these days?

HI Sam,

Afraid I cannot recommend any alarm systems as thankfully the old Rolla and even older Avensis both came with some form of alarm.

Seems there are lots on the aftermarket alarms at all price points from these £30+ diy ones to the £100 ++ Thatcham rated ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LCF3B31/ref=as_li_ss_tl?SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA&ascsubtag=568980988-311-567896640.1631563167&tag=best_reviews_uk_3-21

However this caught my eye as something might work for you in more ways  than one, plus there is no wiring ! expect there will be other similar devices around as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00U0K3Q10/?tag=kitchenhom0f3-21

Be interesting to know what you go for and also how you get on with your cctv system, again so many makes around.

As for the old Rolla, just had its mot last week,  half way through the tester came out, waiting for the other tester finish with the exhaust machine,  and he asked me if I was a Mechanic or had a Pit, with no being the answer to both, suppose a bit of a compliment :blush:.

I do give it a bit of a clean up in the engine bay  and some antirust spray underneath just once a year before the test.

Asked him which would give out first ,  me or the car and he reckoned  the car was good for a few more years  :thumbup1:

As for Visible cameras, it could be a dummy.  As long as it looks like a genuine one who will take the risk. 

Covering the damage with a decal prompts a thought.  

Some people with the shakes have difficulty hitting the slot and damage.  There may be something suitable. 

Yeah! Google - car door lock key scratch protector. 

Get two🔑

Cheers guys, for all your support, door lock decals ordered, awaiting alarm, life goes on.

Think I need an upgrade though, taking that first step though, need a push! Lol.

Some would say that multiple gearbox change was the push!

A few years ago a friend of mine used to leave his car unlocked purposely in the hopes that any would be thieves would try the door and find nothing to steal ,and leave the car with no break in damage.

Unfortunately,the lowlifes were too stupid to try the door ,his window still got smashed .

My greatest sympathy to anyone who has been a target of criminals.

Update...

Had my scorpion alarm professionally installed today! 3hr wait at a 150.00

What I learnt is that these aygos mk1 and mk2 3 doors don't have a door pin passenger side! Great, so that means relying on the interior sensors to pick up on the thief! 

All in all I lost out on certain features that the alarm cones with: passenger side door, bonnet and boot protection I.e no pins on those, and the central locking feature on the alarm fob, hence I'll have to lock my car with the original fob key, and then use the alarm fob to activate the alarm, opening the car will be the reverse.

So that's that. I do feel a bit more at ease knowing if someone did break in I'll know! That's about it really!

Just wondering if it'll be hard to source a second hand door pin and wire it up to the alarm? Hmmm

Do you mean passenger side door courtesy light switch for voltage sensing by the alarm, if so, it an easy fit done it to our 3 door 107 years ago, the hole and thread already there blanked off, just make sure you get the proper bolt/screw for the courtesy switch. Think it a common Toyota part across a few models. Just ran a wire under carpet and tapped into the driver's door switch.

Surprised didn't fit at least bonnet courtesy switch, the glass rear hatch I can understand and even the passenger door as best to use proper Toyota switch, had aftermarket pro fitted alarms to campervans in the past and had both bonnet protection and interior ultrasonics fitted, then again you can have a great alarm, but it's all about how it's installed.

Central locking control is a standard on 99% of alarms it requires 3 wires, as are door pins, bonnet pin is standard if it was fitted to Thatcham standards

Do you have the model number of the alarm

does the interior light come on it if you open the passenger door ?

I have fitted quite a few alarms over the year's inc Toad, Clifford but mainly Cobra

I smell bs..............

Alarm tech sheet for the Aygo 2005 on

http://www.m-sjoberg-ab.se/pdf/3868info/Toyota_Aygo_2005.pdf

• Like 1

You can also fit a door switch to the rear doors on 5 door models - I fitted switches to all the doors on my previous 2008 model.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, flash22 said:

lower spec model have the hole but not the switch - it's simple to add

The cost difference in many cases, material and labour at build might be insignificant but gives the marketers an extra line in the Specs to persuade you to upgrade. 

I discovered my last car had ambient lighting. Never having had it I found it was distracting. I did set it but quite dim. 

20 hours ago, Puglet said:

Do you mean passenger side door courtesy light switch for voltage sensing by the alarm, if so, it an easy fit done it to our 3 door 107 years ago, the hole and thread already there blanked off, just make sure you get the proper bolt/screw for the courtesy switch. Think it a common Toyota part across a few models. Just ran a wire under carpet and tapped into the driver's door switch.

Surprised didn't fit at least bonnet courtesy switch, the glass rear hatch I can understand and even the passenger door as best to use proper Toyota switch, had aftermarket pro fitted alarms to campervans in the past and had both bonnet protection and interior ultrasonics fitted, then again you can have a great alarm, but it's all about how it's installed.

Hi Puglet 

Apologies, I did mean the passenger side door courtesy switch light...infact I've just been to a scrappy and purchased an exact replacement. It has the original bolt and wiring loom..I.e 1 long pink wire! 

My question now is should I connect this switch up myself or take it back to the alarm installer for 35.00 to get it connected.

If I do it myself I've no idea where they've hidden the module. And if I find it I assume they'll be a bunch of wires! I wouldn't want to tap into the wrong one! 

Or what if I ran the passenger wire all the way to the drivers side switch and tapped into that or does it not work that way lol?

The alarm is a Scorpion SA30 model

20 hours ago, flash22 said:

Central locking control is a standard on 99% of alarms it requires 3 wires, as are door pins, bonnet pin is standard if it was fitted to Thatcham standards

Do you have the model number of the alarm

does the interior light come on it if you open the passenger door ?

I have fitted quite a few alarms over the year's inc Toad, Clifford but mainly Cobra

I smell bs..............

Alarm tech sheet for the Aygo 2005 on

http://www.m-sjoberg-ab.se/pdf/3868info/Toyota_Aygo_2005.pdf

Hi

Yes the model is Scorpion SA30,

I agree, I figured programming the alarm into the central locking should have been easy, but they recon that they tried and failed, it doesn't really bother me using original fob key to be honest.

Yes the interior light cones on when I open the drivers door, yet to figure installing a courtesy light switch at the passenger side maybe this weekend!

As you can see in that post, Just add the switch and run a wire over to the drivers door switch or up to the interior light

No need to connect it to the alarm

33 minutes ago, flash22 said:

As you can see in that post, Just add the switch and run a wire over to the drivers door switch or up to the interior light

No need to connect it to the alarm

Seriously! Yay, that's easy peasy enough, can't wait to get onto that job, I'll need to buy extra length of wiring though, hmmm, any suggestions?

By the way, if I go the interior light route, doesn't that have 2 wires powering it, how do I tell which to tap into? Am I being silly, apologies

As flash says I would connect to driver's side door switch, single wire, but think the interior light has 3 wires, not sure which does what, so easier to go door switch route.  I've got a very basic alarm on our 107 and added the passenger door switch, and a bonnet switch and they both run into the driver's side switch and trigger interior light and the alarm works ok. 

2 hours ago, Puglet said:

As flash says I would connect to driver's side door switch, single wire, but think the interior light has 3 wires, not sure which does what, so easier to go door switch route.  I've got a very basic alarm on our 107 and added the passenger door switch, and a bonnet switch and they both run into the driver's side switch and trigger interior light and the alarm works ok. 

Cheers puglet, how did you install a switch on the bonnet if I may ask? As in where did you locate it exactly? Could I use the same door switch but for the bonnet? And why would you need one under the bonnet? Incase they cut the siren wires maybe? 

I fitted my bonnet switch on the top edge of the inner wing near the bonnet hinge, which dips down below bonnet corner, on the 107 the headlight cluster has bolt on it, on driver's side as then easy to feed wire into interior via the large rubber grommet carrying main leccy wires on the bulkhead. Finding a suitable courtesy switch took some searching as 'normal' switches from Halfords I've used in the past too short, as that location about inch or so lower than corner edge of bonnet which operates the switch.

I just fitted one cos seen the pros do it and for the hell of it!, not sure what use it would be  maybe hot wiring etc as few times our cars been got at or attempted break in, like yours they always gone for the front doors. Then again we had an original Mini and that had no lock on the bonnet it could be opened from the outside!, no one tried steal that, must of known what a terrible car mechanically it was and riddled with rust, but a great drive when it worked.

• Thanks 1

Update Guys...all installed as in the switch on the passenger side, excellent, tapped into drivers side as per instructions above etc, open passenger door and interior light comes on...cool

However, before I'm sure if I locked my car with my aygo fob and set the alarm on with my alarm fob and then opened the dtivers door it would set the alarm off, now it doesn't, well it does but not because of the pin switch but rather the interior sensors, same on the passenger side 

Is this because they failed to wire the alarm module into my central locking? I honestly wonder why they couldn't achieve that...opened door protection was my whole reason for an alarm install

Sounds like they didn't wire the door switch(es) at all, was it a proper alarm fitter or someone off Facebook ?

20 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Sounds like they didn't wire the door switch(es) at all, was it a proper alarm fitter or someone off Facebook ?

Proper alarm fitter...posh place...do you think I should go back and complain?

Because I lack knowledge in alarms I don't know what to say to them as to why they didn't wire up the door switches And why the central locking wasn't possible?

It can't hurt to ask, the tech sheet I posted above gives the location and the factory colours of where the alarm is wired too (ignore the cobra colours)

I had quick look at your alarm features and it mentions ultrasonic interior de-selectable via radio keys, maybe try that to confirm door pins not connected to alarm. But you want both door protection and interior ultrasonics, we had de-selectable ultrasonics on our alarm and that proved useful if we briefly left dogs alone in the  motorcaravan, but the we could still set the alarm as all doors were protected by the pins.  

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 8:17 PM, Puglet said:

I had quick look at your alarm features and it mentions ultrasonic interior de-selectable via radio keys, maybe try that to confirm door pins not connected to alarm. But you want both door protection and interior ultrasonics, we had de-selectable ultrasonics on our alarm and that proved useful if we briefly left dogs alone in the  motorcaravan, but the we could still set the alarm as all doors were protected by the pins.  

Hi, cheers for all the input, I'll be taking it back in, I need the door pins connected to give me that added peace.

Is it possible that they connected the drivers side pin because my other half recons it does set off the alarm when he tries,

However eventhough I tapped into the driver's side pin to function the passenger side pin the alarm doesn't go off when door is opened?

11 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Is it possible that they connected the drivers side pin because my other half recons it does set off the alarm when he tries,

However even though I tapped into the driver's side pin to function the passenger side pin the alarm doesn't go off when door is opened?

If the passenger door switch is connected to the drivers door switch and the interior light comes on when you open either door then the alarm should work the same on both doors too - unless they didn't use the existing drivers door switch and added an extra one?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links