Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV... strange wall box charging behaviour and App confusion

Nick72

Pic says it all really. Been on charge for an hour and 40min from nearly empty (green zone) when I just woke up the car via the app.

Charge level indicates it is full but that is inconsistent with the time it should take (c. 2hr 30min and the 1 hour remaining for charging both of which are consistent with one another).

Conclusion? App doesn't display charge status correctly?

Screenshot_20210912-143624_MyT.jpg

@Nick72, I’ve experienced similar effects when I charge from the mains. It’s obviously only charging the 70% that’s available to the user, around 12.7Kwh. I’ve found that on some days it’s faster and others longer. (Temperature dependent even though I’ve got the Battery heating/cooling on?) However, as I now charge overnight on the majority of occasions I don’t really bother much about the actual time just that it’s ready to go at the set time. I have found if I get to look at the app before the set time it’s usually fully charged but if I turn off the supply I get a moan from the app saying I’ve disconnected the charge. The last hour or so is a trickle so maybe it says 100% after the apps been refreshed but might carry on the trickle charging for some time yet?  As with a few things within the MyT app I figure it’s a work in progress. It’s certainly not PHEV friendly yet.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, I’ve experienced similar effects when I charge from the mains. It’s obviously only charging the 70% that’s available to the user, around 12.7Kwh. I’ve found that on some days it’s faster and others longer. (Temperature dependent even though I’ve got the battery heating/cooling on?) However, as I now charge overnight on the majority of occasions I don’t really bother much about the actual time just that it’s ready to go at the set time. I have found if I get to look at the app before the set time it’s usually fully charged but if I turn off the supply I get a moan from the app saying I’ve disconnected the charge. The last hour or so is a trickle so maybe it says 100% after the apps been refreshed but might carry on the trickle charging for some time yet?  As with a few things within the MyT app I figure it’s a work in progress. It’s certainly not PHEV friendly yet.

Thanks. Ernie.

Sorry if my message appears twice. Something going off on my phone.

Definitely non linear towards the end of the charge. I'll swap to overnight charging soon. Coming winter so I'll just leave the car plugged in so I can benefit from using the house power to warm things up.

Need to change energy tariffs.

8 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Thanks. Ernie.

Sorry if my message appears twice. Something going off on my phone.

Definitely non linear towards the end of the charge. I'll swap to overnight charging soon. Coming winter so I'll just leave the car plugged in so I can benefit from using the house power to warm things up.

Need to change energy tariffs.

Yes the overnight will be good especially if you have a scheduled time to leave home.  Don't get me started on energy tariffs its now an almost annual troll around trying to find the best deal and then whether or not you can believe the what's being offered.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ernieb said:

Yes the overnight will be good especially if you have a scheduled time to leave home.  Don't get me started on energy tariffs its now an almost annual troll around trying to find the best deal and then whether or not you can believe the what's being offered.

I think I need to get one of these websites to manage it all for me. Always the best deal. Our electric is 150 quid a month. There are only 3 of us in a detached 4 bed. But... two fish tanks, 3 air purifiers (allergies), etc. GCH. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links