Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB radio, no signal. Still in 5 Year Warranty, covered or not.

Geoff Gale

Hi,    

Recently purchased a 66 reg. Auris TS Excel 1.6D, all good so far but DAB radio has no signal. I have booked the car in at Toyota for a diagnostic check on Wednesday, but they say they can not tell me if the fault will be covered by the five year warranty until the checks have been completed. Sat nav and phone working fine. The car has been serviced at this Toyota garage and has the stamps in the book, I'm suprised the problem has not been highlighted before, maybe it has. Surely they would know if the radio is covered on the warranty.

Dealers will not generally commit themselves to say whether anything is covered by the warranty or not until they have looked at the car. Just as an example it may be that the DAB signal is being blocked by a badly fitted Dashcam. Until they see the car they won't know that. If the issue is caused by a manufacturing fault it will be covered by the 5 year warranty.

If someone has been tinkering with the radio system outside of Toyota control then they will probably look like an out of warranty job. If it’s genuine Toyota manufacture fault then likely under warranty.

Did you buy the car from a Toyota dealer under Toyota Used Car Warranty?

• Like 1

Has the DAB been retuned if the car is from another area in may not be tuned for yours - Go into the DAB, press the settings (cog icon), press Refresh Station list (you may have to hold it for a few seconds)

1466956601_TT2DAB1.thumb.JPG.393278fbeec5bbb4ed44e8aa6f34ea4f.JPG591049263_TT2DAB2.thumb.JPG.1eb71e123515721f2159d667cd364d9a.JPG96348695_TT2DAB3.thumb.JPG.472c5295ca42d222d46f42f6eaa5de59.JPG

You can also check the DAB and Aerial in the hidden menu under Failure Diagnosis (it may say NG next to the DA if so tap the NG and see what codes it has) and in Function check, DAB

Press the Vol/Power button so it displays Audio Off
Press the MENU button

Touch «Display»
Touch «Screen off»

Quickly press ">", 5 times and immediately press "<", 5 times

turn the ignition off to exit the menu

Moved to the Auris club.

• Like 1

Possibly not related but wasn't there a big transmitter fire in Yorkshire recently?

If you bought it from a dealer/trader within the last 6 months then you should be covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

They will have upped the power of the other transmitters and bounced the signals from the relay sites - this may mean you need to retune to receive any/some stations

the latest from the company that run the site

https://www.arqiva.com/news-views/news/update-on-incident-at-bilsdale-mast

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I know this topic is a little old, but I think my experience will certainly help someone. I purchased my 16 plate from Toyota Peterborough. I reported the DAB Radio was part of my buying decision, it was advertised with the car, but works intermittently and does not load all the channels. The dealer carried out the following repairs under warranty: New Windscreen, New amplifier & Software Update. The problem is now resolved, I am getting all of the channels and no signal issues. I have to note it was not easy getting them to carry out these repairs amongst others.

If your car is under 10 years old, it has done less than 100,000 miles and was last serviced by Toyota, you should still have an extended warranty. The way I see it is, the car is advertised with this feature, it can be repaired, its got nothing to do with wear and tear, they should fix it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jabeer said:

If your car is under 10 years old, it has done less than 100,000 miles and was last serviced by Toyota, you should still have an extended warranty. The way I see it is, the car is advertised with this feature, it can be repaired, its got nothing to do with wear and tear, they should fix it. 

Unfortunately the Relax warranty doesn't cover multimedia systems (terms and conditions attached). Presumably your issues were fixed under the used car warranty.

Toyota Relax TCs - 25.05.21_tcm-3060-2286757.pdf

I guess my situation may be unique in that I had only recently purchased the car. This being said, they carried out the repairs under the relaxed warranty. So not quite sure how they justified it to Toyota.