Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 T27 estate rear bumper removal

rob42

folks, recently there was damage done to the rear bumper of avensis including the reversing light lens, I haven't had a good look on how its held on yet, but just asking has anyone any experience? how involved is it? it'll have to be removed to be repaired, but i may have found a bumper in a breakers about two hours away which may be the cheapest and easiest option. And might do a hot swap there myself in the chance it wont go in the boot.

Cheers, photo of damage to come. 

Years ago I slackened/removed the bumper of a T27 saloon to fit reversing sensors and wiring.  I can't exactly remember the procedure but IIRC you undo the wheel arch liners, remove a large bolt at each side at the boot ingo, and remove a bolt or two under the centre.  Can't remember whether the edges pull out sideways or the whole bumper pulls off backwards.

I would have thought that a good SMART repairer could do that on the car?

Shame about the light lens.  😞

5 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

I would have thought that a good SMART repairer could do that on the car?

Shame about the light lens.  😞

Yes but photo doesn't show well that there is a crack completely through at the crash bar support so I'd imagine it'll need to be manipulated on both sides??

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{2DB34D7D-78C9-0BA2-1642-C79ACAE678C9}/PZ408-T5556-00 Avensis Wagon Detachable hitch PZ408-T5556-00 AIM_001_269_5.pdf

Bumber removal starts at page 15.

Page 18 shows that You have to only pull bumber to backwards but I had to pull edges behind to wheel a little bit sideways before to pull it backwards.

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 10:43 PM, JiiN said:

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{2DB34D7D-78C9-0BA2-1642-C79ACAE678C9}/PZ408-T5556-00 Avensis Wagon Detachable hitch PZ408-T5556-00 AIM_001_269_5.pdf

Bumber removal starts at page 15.

Page 18 shows that You have to only pull bumber to backwards but I had to pull edges behind to wheel a little bit sideways before to pull it backwards.

thank you 

Hi

Apparently it's really simple, my son removed the rear bumper on our saloon version in under 5 minutes, he was showing off, reason for removal we intended to install lower led lights where the reflectors sit until we realised it was impossible due to a rear lower bodykit skirt in the way.

Wishing you the best of luck with your repair. Get it fixed or it'll bug you!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links