Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV - massive price drop...

duncerduncs

As you can see from the website, the PHEV has had a big price drop!  Now much more affordable....

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 11.51.16.png

• Like 1

The three cars shown all say Hybrid, or am I missing something

• Like 1

He's not wrong though - the website currently shows:

image.thumb.png.de8dc1323c81140a4ff53b72cae62b7f.png

While the September price list shows:

image.thumb.png.a7fb6181f165ba73f279df40d68ff104.png

I suspect that the website has 'gone wrong' ... and OTR prices are still from £46k - £51k plus options ... 😉

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HS78 said:

Hi Bryan

What were the original prices before the 'massive price drop'?

Regards

This was the May 2021 list

DEBA2789-2D24-473E-A36E-F8D013BD4EAE.png

1 minute ago, philip42h said:

He's not wrong though - the website currently shows:

image.thumb.png.de8dc1323c81140a4ff53b72cae62b7f.png

While the September price list shows:

image.thumb.png.a7fb6181f165ba73f279df40d68ff104.png

I suspect that the website has 'gone wrong' ... and OTR prices are still from £46k - £51k plus options ... 😉

Just beat me to it Philip.

The reason I went for the HEV rather than the PHEV was I felt they were overpriced.

Be interesting to see if they have dropped the list price.

• Like 1

@Rigsby, yes, that’s the price list for my car.  I’d be pretty hacked off if the price had been reduced so dramatically as of today. I’d also be somewhat surprised but happy for anyone who might be more interested at that price point.

• Like 1

I posted a clip from the current, September, price list, but it would appear that I could currently 'buy' one via the website for around £4k less. 'Tis possible that there is a 2022 model coming out and a clearance of current stock in progress.

2 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@Rigsby, yes, that’s the price list for my car.  I’d be pretty hacked off if the price had been reduced so dramatically as of today. I’d also be somewhat surprised but happy for anyone who might be more interested at that price point.

Yeah, I’d be upset as well as it would instantly knock £££’s off those who recently bought one, I’d also be surprised if Toyota UK had reduced them by such a lump.

But I suppose in depends on whether the sales have met expectations or not and they have had to move the price point to grow sales ?

It needs to be below the £40K list price point to avoid the extra High VED costs to be of any interest to me.

Well that is annoying! I couldn't buy one as our company car system topped out just below the old price. Its well under now but its too late as I can't stop my order for another hybrid now. Humpffff!

I wonder if the Suzuki version will drop too? it hasn't so far.

10 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Has the non plug in dropped too? 

Doesn’t look like it 

Price drop surprising especially as the chip shortage is affecting production and likely too beyond 2022 from what I am reading.

No extra charge for metallic paint either.

5 hours ago, Talshia said:

It needs to be below the £40K list price point to avoid the extra High VED costs to be of any interest to me.

Yes, that extra VED cost is a kick in the teeth.

We buy any car valued my Prius at £2k more than the quote last year. A dealer was saying that second hand cars are increasing in value and it’s a buyers market

Plug-in Design qualifies for 0% APR over 24 months.

With the shortage of new car stock I would be surprised that any manufacturer reduces prices.

I base that statement on recent press, and my daughters attempt to order a new VW T-ROC.  She was quoted next year around February. Her friend has had a BMW X3 on order for some time. Due in November. That has been put back 6 months.

Car prices are silly at the moment WBAC have offered my wife £19805 for her Yaris, it’s 1 year old on Thursday and she paid £22,000 for it. 

Despite those remarks I was in my local Toyota dealership today dropping off my wife’s car for its first service. There was plenty new stock in the pound. 

• Like 1

WeBuyAnyCar has just valued my RAV at £23,500.

Motorway say £24,391.

I think it's about 40k dollars in the USA which I think is a reasonable price for the car. But very long order backlog there.

I'd be surprised if the PHEV prices don't come down a lot in the next 12 months. They are on a limited timeframe. 5 years from now EV batteries will be 50 to 70 percent greater in specific energy terms. Electric motors 50 percent greater power density. No need to have anything that burns petrol even if only very occassionally. Plus Toyota will be making way for their BEVs in a couple of years. 😉

The RAV4 PHEV was the same price as a high spec Volvo XC60 RECHARGE T6 PHEV on my company car scheme. Reason why was the assumed value depreciation was significant compared to the Volvo. But I still went with the Toyota in the end. 6 month delivery time and many features missing (chip crisis) off the Volvo. Power train not in the same league as the Toyota either.

9 hours ago, Nick72 said:

...Power train not in the same league as the Toyota either.

Nothing is!  When I got my 2016 (4th Gen) Prius, I thought it would be the car I'd keep for the rest of my driving days (some hereditary heart probs mean I'll lose my licence at some point when the medics think I start to become a risk).

During the 4 months I waited for it I prayed (well, I would have done if I were religious!) I'd still be driving when it came.  Unfortunately, by the time I'd had it a year it's very low ride height (which helped get it's world-beating drag factor) was causing massive problems with my hips, getting in and out was agony, and doing it a way that minimised the pain put lots of extra strain on my hips, and knees, and back.  Before long I was popping nearly as many pain killers as all my other drugs!

It had to go.  Now I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I was instantly smitten with the Hybrid's driving style some third of a million miles ago.  I'd actually decided to find a suitable car that wasn't a Toyota but drove as nicely as the Prius.  I did lots of research, but I'm quite picky on the features I want, and ruled out cars with automated manual gearboxes, conventional engine one and and electric motor the other.

Eventually, I came back to the newly announced 5th Gen RAV4.  I didn't want to go back to old fashioned dials on the dash, I did insist on a spare wheel (being able to buy a full size spare and fit it in the boot was a big bonus).  The one key thing I didn't want to give up but didn't get was a Head Up Display.  The Honda CR-V was a close contender (it had a HUD and the newest Honda Hybrid system has been said by some reviewers to have overtaken the Toyota Hybrid System - it does have even fewer moving parts, but can do all the THS tricks), but when I found it had no spare wheel or space for one I didn't even take a test drive.

So RAV4 it was.  Another nearly 4 months' wait with bated breath, and now I just hope the day I hang up my car keys is a little way off.  At least my next vehicle will be an EV - mobility scooters tend to be!  And it will fit in my garage!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just bought one! Dynamic premium PHEV at the new price plus further discount….. not in a million years did I think I would buy a Toyota until a conversation with my manager who is on his 7th or 8th Toyota having just bought a 2wd hybrid on the 0% deal. It set me I had a Camry estate for a short while many years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems weird when the discounters are asking more than the Toyota website prices! 😉

(Note: I didn't check them all, and I only checked for the Design spec, but the best / lowest price I could find was on the Toyota website!)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links