Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHEV - massive price drop...

duncerduncs

Bizarrely, PVM is available on the HEV but not on the PHEV. There must be a good reason for this but I can't think what it could be ...

Googling suggests that there might be a possibility of a retrofit, but ...

It is a very odd decision. The HEV is not quite powerful to tow our caravan hence the PHEV. Even MG fit a 360 camera on their PHEV at £13k less…..

8 hours ago, MyOpinionnotrespected said:

360 panoramic camera in sept 2021 spec for excel grade

Sorry, I quoted the PHEV my mistake.

So what does the Premium spec give over Dynamic? I am assuming given the circa £3500 difference it is a bit more than a sunroof and JBL? 

6 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

So what does the Premium spec give over Dynamic? I am assuming given the circa £3500 difference it is a bit more than a sunroof and JBL? 

Well, according to the website it is:

• Toyota Skyview® Panoramic roof
  • Driver & front passenger air ventilated seats
  • Head Up Display (HUD)
  • Power front passenger seat
  • Memory function on driver seat
  • JBL® Premium Sound System

but you loose the Sunglasses holder ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

• Anti-jam protection on Panoramic roof
  • Power roof opening
  • Driver & front passenger air ventilated seats
  • Head Up Display (HUD)
  • Memory function on driver seat
  • Power-reclining front passenger seat
  • Power-sliding front passenger seat
  • 9 Speakers (instead of 6)
  • JBL® Premium Sound System

It loses the sunglasses holder because of getting the JBL upgrade

Also, loses these that the non plug-in Excel has:

• Headlight cleaners
  • Front wiper de-icer
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Washer fluid level warning

Thanks chaps, I thought washer fluid level warning was mandatory! I does seem a strange list of omissions especially given some of the price competition and even more strange the PHEV range doesn’t simply mirror the non plug-in. I am sure the ventilated seats will be nice in global warming and powered seats and with memory is definitely going to useful given we will be sharing the car. It just bugs me the 360 camera isn’t fitted and that could tip me into Hyundai territory. 

From reading another thread there appears to be some settings that are or can be dealer enabled or have I misunderstood? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

...From reading another thread there appears to be some settings that are or can be dealer enabled or have I misunderstood? 

No, that's right.  There's 11 pages in the electronic manual that can be downloaded from the Toyota web site if you haven't got it already.  Be warned, the page numbers can vary on different downloads, so you may need to search for keywords like "8-2. Customization".

The list tells you what can be changed and who can do it.

Custom.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

It is a very odd decision. The HEV is not quite powerful to tow our caravan hence the PHEV. Even MG fit a 360 camera on their PHEV at £13k less…..

Is that right?  If I've read the specs correctly, the HEV can tow 1650 kg and the PHEV 1500 kg (both braked), or both can tow 750 kg unbraked.  Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

The PHEV is over the 300 bhp, the HEV around 220 which from speaking to someone towing with one is ok but not over generous, type approval for tow weight is a separate issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

...I thought washer fluid level warning was mandatory!...

I'm not sure; the Prius Excel I had last also had the warning, but it wasn't listed in the specs at all when I bought the car so I don't know if other models got it.

Quite a few cars I've owned had a translucent tank where you could see the level, but in all the Toyotas I've owned the tank's been hidden.  The Gen 1 & 2 Prius both had a dip stick for the washer tank! (possibly the Gen 3 did too, but I can't recall now).

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 8:27 PM, Flatcoat said:

Thanks chaps, I thought washer fluid level warning was mandatory! I does seem a strange list of omissions especially given some of the price competition and even more strange the PHEV range doesn’t simply mirror the non plug-in. I am sure the ventilated seats will be nice in global warming and powered seats and with memory is definitely going to useful given we will be sharing the car. It just bugs me the 360 camera isn’t fitted and that could tip me into Hyundai territory. 

From reading another thread there appears to be some settings that are or can be dealer enabled or have I misunderstood? 

HUD is superb. Pan roof is good for getting light into the cabin otherwise it is a bit dark and gloomy. Doesnt leak which is the main thing for me. Ventilated seats were good but the air con is very effective so probably not really needed.

I'd pay the extra just for the HUD.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2021 at 11:54 AM, duncerduncs said:

As you can see from the website, the PHEV has had a big price drop!  Now much more affordable....

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 11.51.16.png

welcome

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ells said:

welcome

Whoa that's over 6k less than what the BiK price was on my car company car scheme.

Just now, Nick72 said:

Whoa that's over 6k less than what the BiK price was on my car company car scheme.

i only say hi..

• Like 1