Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 PHEV "how to...."

TonyFR

I have just got my new RAV4 PHEV. I love it. But the instruction book isn't clear (to me at any rate) on how to do certain things. Especially on using the instrument cluster...

1. How do you actually change between the analogue and digital display ?

2. How do I change the instrument cluster display language? This is important to me because I live in France and the vehicle was delivered with French language displays (quite reasonably!). Although it was easy to change the language to English on the multimedia screen, I am having difficulty changing the instrument display language (although it is said to be possible in the French booklet and my downloaded copy of the English version).

Any help would be welcomed!

• Like 1

Both are on the settings menu:

image.thumb.png.170d2224a4850011c0025d56eb1f4018.png

using the buttons on the steering wheel. All covered in section 2-1 of the manual ...

And separately on the Setup > General > Language screen of the infotainment unit!

The Settings functionality does not appear in my French delivered RAV4.  I am planning to contact Toyota as I want to be able to change language on the instrument display (although it was easy to change the language on the big screen). I will also want to be able to change to miles when I drive to England.

BTW does the map and navigation display auto-adjust fro driving on left/right?

Can you post pictures of:

1. Your steering wheel and the controls it offers
  2. Your instrument cluster

It's difficult to understand what you don't have without seeing what you do have. And very hard to understand the concept of a French delivered RAV4 not have the same basic functionality that a UK delivered one does.

I've still to take this car abroad - nearly did last week but we're in Wales and ... 😞 - but the last one, with the previous gen sat nav worked fine when in France. It knew what side of the motorway we should be on and gave exits on roundabouts as it should (assuming that's what you mean).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to get to the Settings menu for language change. I think I was fooled to start with by the French terminology but voilà.....

Here's the question: I wanted to see if the Units could be changed from kilometres and litre to miles etc for when I go to England in the car prob at Xmas (if there's any fuel). I could not do that.  I assume that you guys in the UK get miles and gallons...  Perhaps the car refuses to let me change units as it knows the country I am in. (Proof: whenever I cross the border into nearby Switzerland the screen flashes up Swiss regulations, and the reverse when I come back into France).

I have a UK spec car with a 7" MID which can display in miles (mph and mpg) or kilometres (kph and l/km) at the touch of a button. Also, when displaying in mph (large digits) it also display kph in smaller digits on the side.

In the UK downloaded manual Customisation is section 9.2 and starts on page 629. This details all the settings in the section Gauges, Meters and MID the procedures are detailed in pages 174 to 179.

• Like 1