Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with connecting to the internet

Ameer O

Hi, I have just bought a 2019 Corolla but having a couple of network issues. First,It doesn't seem to save my wifi info so it won't automatically connect to my mobile wifi, I have to keep inputting my password and sometimes takes a while to find my phone though my bluetooth connects straight away. The second  issue is even though I'm connected to a wifi source home or mobile, when I try connecting to say e-store or looking at the weather for instance it fails and I get "an error has occurred. try again. but even trying again I have no luck, worked fine the first couple of days but now nothing. Any ideas

Have you tried just sharing your internet from your phone via bluetooth? When I got current Auris, I tried using Wifi as default method and while I could connect parked outside the house (using house WiFi) or using either phone or portable hotspot Wifi, I didn't really see any benefit over bluetooth. It may be different for over the air updates where possible, but the data usage/bandwidth requirements are so minimal, bluetooth hotspot works fine. Will be checking on new Corolla next week after I pick it up.

Bluetooth Hotspot will vary by phone and software version - are you using Android or iPhone?

16 hours ago, Ameer O said:

when I try connecting to say e-store or looking at the weather for instance it fails and I get "an error has occurred. try again. but even trying again I have no luck, worked fine the first couple of days but now nothing. Any ideas

Just checking but have you registered an account on MyToyota?

Hello guys

Thanks for your replys. The car connects normally to my iPhone via Bluetooth just for calling and audio player but not for the internet.

when I use my iPhone as internet hotspot I need to connect everytime and enter my wifi password . Once connected, it couldn’t download anything and keeps saying no internet connection. 

I have Toyota online account but it seems that Toyota cars have  a problem with connecting to iPhone.

Really I am very disappointed with this as I wish to receive live updates about traffic while I am driving

OK, so can you use your iPhone as a bluetooth hotspot with internet sharing? Sorry I am no iPhone aficionado, but this is what I do with my Android phone. Forget the Wifi and use bluetooth - the bandwidth is fine for traffic updates etc. 

1 hour ago, Ameer O said:

Hello guys

Thanks for your replys. The car connects normally to my Iphone via Bluetooth just for calling and audio player but not for the internet.

when I use my Iphone as internet hotspot I need to connect everytime and enter my wifi password . Once connected, it couldn’t download anything and keeps saying no internet connection. 

I have Toyota online account but it seems that Toyota cars have  a problem with connecting to Iphone.

Really I am very disappointed with this as I wish to receive live updates about traffic while I am driving

There are no known issues with the cars using an iPhone to connect, but the car cannot just connect to the internet is needs a connection to Toyota via your MyT account for which you need to input your user and password into the cars head unit.

There are a series of YouTube videos HERE from Toyota on how to achieve this

You say you have an account so you can skip the video on setting up an account, you need ensure your car is linked to your account, your ownership verified, connected services activated & multimedia system linked to the account once these are done the car can via the iPhones bluetooth connect to Toyota and show you your connected services .