Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sav Nav route options

Terry_1

Is there any way to lengthen the time that the sat navigation takes to decide which of the route alternatives it chooses, so that I have enough time to consider them myself 

I have just returned from a week in Norfolk and thanks to the satnav, must have been down every narrow, single track road in the county! As you say, the 3 options given for the chosen destination disappears far too quickly. But even if it stayed longer, which option would keep me on main roads?

I asked Toyota and the answer was 'tap the screen as soon as the options appear.' 

It seems to work, but why does it have to disappear at all? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 50p said:

I have just returned from a week in Norfolk and thanks to the satnav, must have been down every narrow, single track road in the county! As you say, the 3 options given for the chosen destination disappears far too quickly. But even if it stayed longer, which option would keep me on main roads?

Apple car play and the co pilot app. 

or Android auto and Waze. 

built in sat nav has no filter for “ no B roads or farm tracks”

• Like 1

Yeah mine took me on a magical mystery tour to shave a couple of miles off the run from the M6 to Newton Stewart in Dumfries and Galloway. To be fair having visited it before a couple of times I knew I could stay on the A75 all the way but I was curious as to what it intended and it was signed as being another A road:

https://goo.gl/maps/hKRyH11qrqkEEQek9

It was lovely countryside with some great views but it reminded me that the Scottish concept of an 'A' road is not the same as the English one and it was a bit much after having already driven 300 miles.

https://goo.gl/maps/yg4iupEhiJLuuSHu5

Clatterinshaws Loch looks lovely in Summer but I just wanted to reach my B&B in time for dinner 😄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Yeah mine took me on a magical mystery tour to shave a couple of miles off the run from the M6 to Newton Stewart in Dumfries and Galloway. To be fair having visited it before a couple of times I knew I could stay on the A75 all the way but I was curious as to what it intended and it was signed as being another A road:

https://goo.gl/maps/hKRyH11qrqkEEQek9

It was lovely countryside with some great views but it reminded me that the Scottish concept of an 'A' road is not the same as the English one and it was a bit much after having already driven 300 miles.

https://goo.gl/maps/yg4iupEhiJLuuSHu5

Clatterinshaws Loch looks lovely in Summer but I just wanted to reach my B&B in time for dinner 😄

To be fair AndrueC there isn't much in it maybe 10 minutes max going by Clatteringshaws. As you say A roads in Scotland can be like a B road this is definitely one of them , its not the greatest of roads in the winter where it can be affected by ice and the odd time by snow

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 50p said:

In Norfolk that that narrow single lane was probably an A road. 😀

I did a few in July on holiday.

• Haha 1

I was quite interested in finding out where I was going to come out as I'm quite familiar with Newton Stewart having visited it several times. Previously I stayed in self-catering on the Cairnsmore estate but I didn't manage to get a booking so chose a B&B at Bladnoch(*).

So there's really no excuse for the fact that when I reached the A75 and my sat nav wanted me to get back on it I took the Minnigaff turning. 😄

I could imagine the sat nav tutting in exasperation. "And he was doing so well following my instructions up till then!"

(*)Also ironically the B&B was suffering staff shortages so it ended up being self catering. Me on my own in a pub apart from the weekend when I arrived. Sadly they locked the bar when they left for the week 😞

wife and her family are from Newton Stewart, I go there nearly every month 🙂

My first experience with my new Rav4 told me the Toyota sat nav doesn't really know what its doing....

Driving over the Erskine Bridge from Paisley to Helensburgh at weekend and I know Helensburgh is far left side so to keep the left lane for Loch Lomond and then take the cut off for Helensburgh but no... my sat nav wanted me to take "keep right for Glasgow"...  completely in the wrong direction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:21 PM, 50p said:

... I resorted to using something I carry around in the boot, I don't know whether anyone has heard of it as it's old tech now, a road map! Get close to the destination and then turn on the satnav for the last bit. Seemed to work ok. 😁