Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Climate control of latest corolla

Fakecorollaowner

Is it possible to have the climate control information displayed on the Main touchscreen like the older Corolla did?

The buttons of the climate control are so very tiny and impossible to see, especially when you're driving. I'm happy to have it coded in to the car through the OBD port if need be, just cannot make out the tiny buttons.

Many thanks

Rob

On 9/19/2021 at 12:46 AM, Fakecorollaowner said:

Is it possible to have the climate control information displayed on the Main touchscreen like the older Corolla did?

The buttons of the climate control are so very tiny and impossible to see, especially when you're driving. I'm happy to have it coded in to the car through the OBD port if need be, just cannot make out the tiny buttons.

Many thanks

Rob

What's to control? Just press Auto and let it get on with it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RabButler said:

What's to control? Just press Auto and let it get on with it.

I occasionally want to switch it to recirculate for a while but I've never had a problem with the buttons. For the most part I just leave it at 19.5c and let it do its job. That is, after all, the whole point of climate control.

• Like 1

I take the point though, the 3 buttons on the left, the fan controls, the vent controls.  They are small and unless you remember and can count you need to look. 

They might be cheaper than analogue controls. 

As far as i've seen the HVAC stuff is a completely separate system to the MMU so i would be highly surprised if it was possible.

If you get someone to hack it to work that would be cool to see and i'm sure a lot of people would like it just because 😄

I think it it linked because in the vehicle settings menu you can set smart ventilation on and off. How does that work if it's not attached? 🤔

I agree would be awesome if you could!

9 minutes ago, Fakecorollaowner said:

I think it it linked because in the vehicle settings menu you can set smart ventilation on and off. How does that work if it's not attached? 🤔

I don't think i've seen that, i'll have a look next time i'm in the car but i've just downloaded the 3 manuals that are available from MyToyota and i can't find anything about "Smart Ventilation" ?!  I know there are 3 settings modes, Fast, normal, ECO but that's it.

The Suzuki’s might have slightly different infotainment software and here it may comes the difference. I have neither of the cars and I can’t help unfortunately., but just as Andrew mentioned, set one preferable temperature and just leave it alone to do it’s job 👍

I have smart ventilation in the RAV, it's set off the climate settings on the touchscreen.

It's supposed to use the seat sensors to intelligently send air to the appropriate vents

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

It's supposed to use the seat sensors to intelligently send air to the appropriate vents

Wow. These boffins think of everything!

22 minutes ago, RabButler said:

Wow. These boffins think of everything!

That smart ventilation function has filtered down from the Lexus side of the family.

I think Lexus drivers still have the same number of vents.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links