Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 4Runner Owner Need Help

halleyjohnson

Hello I am a new 4Runner owner. I own a 1995 Toyota 4WD 4Runner 3.0 6 Cylinder. It is a great truck and I want to make it running and function perfectly again but I have a few issues. 

#1 My Speedometer and Odometer does not work. I got this truck as a barnyard find and have no history on it. I was told to replace to Speedo Cable and see if that fixes the issue if not then the speed sensor. Thing is I called all my local auto stores and they get stumped when I ask about buying the speedo cable. Can someone send me the link to where I can buy one or a part number at least?

#2 My check engine light is Bipolar. I mean it. It will flicker on and off whenever it pleases it does not have to be a specific temperature or speed for it to come on. I could drive for an hour then all of a sudden it comes on then once I turn off the car and turn it back on the lights off again? I have taken it to multiple mechanics and they said the light never came on when my truck was in the shop nor when they test drove it. So I am very stumped there someon told me to see if its my solenoids but if the light wont stay on for me to run a code how do I know? 

#3 I need it to pass smog by October 2nd 2021 for it to continue to be street legal, And with the wacky light I know it wont pass without lots of luck.

Things I have done to it so far:

- Spark plugs, Wires, and Coil pack have all been replaced. In the correct firing order of course.

- Oil has been change as well as the filter

- Added Chevron Techron Fuel System Clean 4 days ago.

- Transmission fluid has been check and filled  by my local shop

- Transmission Digonostic was good just need more fluid and Tune up

- I have an appointment Monday 9/19 For a tire Rotation and Balence.

- Break check, Good 

Also what are some other things that I should do to it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links