Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear light assembly/cluster.

mrpj

Mk 3 2014 Yaris. It has the l.e.d. tail/brake light string. Does the rear bumper moulding have to be removed or partially released for taking off the rear light assembly? There's one accessible nut to remove but from memory there is another fixing behind the bumper.

I don't know how, other than gravity assist, part of the glass bulb from the offside reversing light (wedge lamp) has fallen off and lying at the bottom of the assembly! Bizarre.

i can't quite remember there are 2 or 3 10mm nuts inside and the cluster comes out do need to touch the bumper

Pre- or post-facelift ?? Facelift have the reverse light and fog in the bumper

ps. stick a rag down the hole (dark gaping chasm) below the light as it's a pig to retrieve a nut without popping the bumper and vent off - Don't ask

edit. pre facelift 2 bolts and a stud, tab under the edge of the bumper

pics for reference

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165065590576

2146043311_xp130upto14rearlight.thumb.jpg.05e3d06a484438c3598eda0ed3fe54f0.jpg

Edit 2. you may be able to release the tab and wiggle the unit out without removing the bumper

Thanks Bob, that's the exact same cluster in that eBay link. It's just pre facelift, without the grotesque front grille!

Yes, two nuts onto studs attached to the body. I suspected there was another fixing because it will not release with the nuts removed. The piece of bulb is at the bottom of the cluster to the left of the bottom l.e.d.!

I'm inclined to live with it because it isn't affecting anything. What a silly design having that push stud behind the moulding. I'm reluctant to release the moulding because once removed never refit properly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links