Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Catloc for Yaris Cross?

Goinker

I'm awaiting delivery of a Yaris Cross "Premiere" and due to the amount of catalytic converter theft in the UK and the Cross having more ground clearance, thus making it easier to steal, I was thinking of asking the dealer to fit a Catloc before delivery, but does anyone know if Toyota actually do make one for this model, or as I understand that there is one available for the Yaris hatchback, does the same one fit the Cross model???

As an aside to this, are the carpet mats to fit the Cross version the same as the Yaris hatchback?

Keith.

Find out where the CATis first on this model Keith before spending any money.

& ask your dealer about Smart_water marking (had to put the _ in due to the forum censoring software!)

The cat comes pre marked from the factory, the engine is the same 1.5 as the gen 4 the cat comes straight off the head (manifold is built into the head) so the cat sits between the block and firewall

the scumbags don't target newer cars due to the lower amounts of precious metals contained within the cats, but there are all ways that exception

• Like 2

Thanks for that information Guys. I gather Toyota can supply replacement "Anti-Tamper" Cat to manifold bolts so as to prevent unauthorised removal, might that be a worthwhile option? I live in a rural and very low crime area and the car will be in a secure locked garage when not in use, but not all areas are 'low crime' when I'm out and about, so just thinking ahead to hopefully pre-empt any hassle.

Keith.

On 9/21/2021 at 12:10 PM, Heidfirst said:

& ask your dealer about Smart_water marking (had to put the _ in due to the forum censoring software!)

Doesn't stop them from nicking it. At worst case they lop it off, realise it's SW'd and just dump it and run off. 

14 minutes ago, Campblor said:

Doesn't stop them from nicking it. At worst case they lop it off, realise it's SW'd and just dump it and run off. 

I may be wrong but I believe the process also includes windows stickers or similar advertising the fact that it has been done which should alert many "would be cat thieves" that it's not worth the effort. From what Flash has said it's likely that the cat is fairly inaccessible anyway.

Maybe it can be useful a label on the glasses like the the one for the special bolts used to avoid hybrid Battery theft.  

By the way if the stolen cats are to be dismantled on some not official chain I'm no sure that a special marking can be so useful.

But a 10-15 year old cat is still so useful to get precious metals ?

2 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

I may be wrong but I believe the process also includes windows stickers or similar advertising the fact that it has been done which should alert many "would be cat thieves" that it's not worth the effort. From what Flash has said it's likely that the cat is fairly inaccessible anyway.

Implying these scum can read said signage. Yeah my dealer assured me the one on the MK4 Yaris is tough to get at. 

Doubt they will be access it. My C-HR is straight off manifold and would be a nightmare to cut off.

The problem with cat thefts at the moment is that some thieves are thick enough to get under any Toyota hybrid and cut anything that looks like a cat, pipe, exhaust silencer. There is a case where those had cut a second box after the cat on a Corolla for which they may have not earned a penny but caused  a £0000 of repair or insurance claim since a new catalytic converter was needed even the original one was still attached to the car. Any protection is better than no protection. 👍

52 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

The problem with cat thefts at the moment is that some thieves are thick enough to get under any Toyota hybrid and cut anything that looks like a cat, pipe, exhaust silencer. There is a case where those had cut a second box after the cat on a Corolla for which they may have not earned a penny but caused  a £0000 of repair or insurance claim since a new catalytic converter was needed even the original one was still attached to the car. Any protection is better than no protection. 👍

They’re not thick enough to do it more than once though - if they get nothing for what they have taken.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links