Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Carina E 1.6 1996 Blinkers and hazard light works for one relay flash then they stop going

doogs

so yes i have i blinkers issue when i use the turn signal i sometimes get the blinkers to work like normal sometimes i get one blink and other times i get nothing. when i leave the blinker or the hazard on it sometimes starts working for a few blinks before stopping again. 

i can hear the relay clicking when it is working and i have changed the relay once to with no real difference. unless i might have gotten an faulty aftermarket relay.

so yeah anyone got any clue what might be the issue?

• 11 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 4:38 PM, doogs said:

so yes i have i blinkers issue when i use the turn signal i sometimes get the blinkers to work like normal sometimes i get one blink and other times i get nothing. when i leave the blinker or the hazard on it sometimes starts working for a few blinks before stopping again. 

i can hear the relay clicking when it is working and i have changed the relay once to with no real difference. unless i might have gotten an faulty aftermarket relay.

so yeah anyone got any clue what might be the issue?

I had an intermitent problem with my hazard warning either working or not working at all. I located the relays in the foot well sprayed some electrical lube around the relay block and pressed the relay .. After leaving for about 12 hours and then taking car for a run it started functioning . Since that time about 8 months ago everything is working ok. Was considering a relay change at the time but not sure what to get as my Carina E was a Japan build one. 

• 10 months later...

Just had the same issue, changed both the flasher relay and a mechanism (under the steering wheel somewhere, didnt change it myself) and its been fine ever since

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links