Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris T-sport

KarenB

Does anyone want a 53 plate import Yaris only 7000 miles

Your yaris is an import from europe (sound like germany to me) the uk sold t sports have an upgraded alarm system ,you can tell if it has this buy checking in the center console next to the hand brake lever will be a led which flashs when doors are locked via the remote .

Toyota dealers avoid europe imports as they are not uk spec (but are very close)

Take it back to the garage you bought it off and moan to them If you wanted warrenty work done on it (europe cars carry the same 3 years warrenty) you have to produce the bill of sale from the supplying dealer in europe!

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Ive told them jack

Don't want to keep banging on about the insurance issue, but my girlfriend's company said that even though she didn't know it was an import, they wouldn't have paid up, so it's got to be worth checking what your insurance company's like for stuff like that - give 'em a ring pretending to be someone else or something.

Hi,

Uden is a small town in the province of Noord-Brabant in Holland.

The "N.V. Toyota Motor Europe S.A. , Belgium" on the EU certificate of conformity is there because that is the legal representant in Europe for Toyota as builder of the car.

Cheers, Yves.

Nice one! I tried taking it back to the garage (i bought it in March) and they basically said get lost. They said it was my responsibility to check the cars details!!!

They did say tho they would buy it back off me for £6,000, less than £2,000, what i paid for it only3 months before!

If they've sold it to you as a UK car, then they've got to either take the car back and give you a refund, or cover the extra costs incurred by you (insurance and loss of resale value).

I don't understand the import thing. All Yaris(Vitz) TS(RS) are built in Japan. ALL!!!!

There are right and left hand drive. So for the UK it's a UK spec (right drive) and not Japan spec (difficult, not same badges, power, pollution, etc...). So it is not possible to have an "import" from europe. You know we drive in the right side of the road so all you may find is a left hand drive car.

So all vehicule produced in conformance with UE reglementation (right ou left drive) should be considerated in the same way (insurance, immatriculation...).

You just have to read the identification of the car. It is indicated the type (japan spec or else). But it is nearly impossible that's a japan spec and there is no other spec than the uk for right hand drive for the TS.

PS : the NV TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE signified that this is a UK spec (if right hand drive). So it's not an import.

I did say to the garage that i wanted to return the car but they said it had been valued as an import so i hadn't lost out on anything! I called trading standards but they said i didn't really have a case as they didnt lie to me cos i never asked if it was an import. No wonder car salesmen have bad reputations. I would say that anyone going to IAN SHIPTON CARS SHOULD BE VARY WARY!!

On a lighter note, i took your advice and called my insurance. They said that as long as the car was registered in the UK, its makes no difference to my insurance at all. Thats Churchill if anyone is interested.

I don't understand the import thing. All Yaris(Vitz) TS(RS) are built in Japan. ALL!!!!

There are right and left hand drive. So for the UK it's a UK spec (right drive) and not Japan spec (difficult, not same badges, power, pollution, etc...). So it is not possible to have an "import" from europe. You know we drive in the right side of the road so all you may find is a left hand drive car.

So all vehicule produced in conformance with UE reglementation (right ou left drive) should be considerated in the same way (insurance, immatriculation...).

You just have to read the identification of the car. It is indicated the type (japan spec or else). But it is nearly impossible that's a japan spec and there is no other spec than the uk for right hand drive for the TS.

PS : the NV TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE signified that this is a UK spec (if right hand drive). So it's not an import.

Artemis,

In theory, I think that you're right - but you try telling that to a car salesman! :lol:

Ils sont vraiment les cons ici!

Alan

I did say to the garage that i wanted to return the car but they said it had been valued as an import so i hadn't lost out on anything! I called trading standards but they said i didn't really have a case as they didnt lie to me cos i never asked if it was an import. No wonder car salesmen have bad reputations. I would say that anyone going to IAN SHIPTON CARS SHOULD BE VARY WARY!!

On a lighter note, i took your advice and called my insurance. They said that as long as the car was registered in the UK, its makes no difference to my insurance at all. Thats Churchill if anyone is interested.

Abit of a strange story this, because the same sort of thing happened to me when i bought my car from new (not from Toyota.) When i picked up the car i didnt realise until i got it home that there wasnt a spoiler fitted. Previous to this i had been reading in a magazine that Yaris T-sport's outside the uk dont come with the TTE spoiler..... So i went back to the garage and i asked if the car was an import, they told me no it wasnt, bearing in mind theres nothing suspicious on the V5 to say so. Anyway i told them i wasnt accepting the car until they fitted a spoiler. They kicked up abit of a fuss at first, but eventually fitted a spoiler........

The next day when i went to collect the car i realised it wasnt the TTE spoiler they had fitted. So i went storming into the garage demanding the correct spoiler. They told me that this was the correct one...... I told them i still wasnt happy until they fitted the correct one.

Anyway im rabbling on abit here. So to cut a long story short, they fitted the TTE spoiler a fortnight after i bought the car and still to this day i dont know whether the car is an import!!

Lee

My YTS is an Import and I told my insurance company who said is it UK spec I said yes they said then it makes no difference.

The only things I have different on my YTS is no YTS Badge on the back and no alarm but it has the immobaliser and every thing else. The insurance company said they are more interested in the immobiliser than the alarm as no takes any notice of alarms now days.

My log book doesn't state import and as said earlier nearly all cars are imported in to England as we don't actually have many cars made in the UK there all from abroad.

Kaz

Mine didnt have the T sport Badge and mines a UK car...but then someone could have stolen it i suppose!

it sounds like you have nothing to worry about. My aunty has a Dutch MR2 (Uk spec they bought it back themselves from amsterdam) and the main dealers service it no problem and it has a pan european 3 year warranty.

The only difference they notcied was that it didnt have a Roadster Badge!!! Badges must be really important to some people but I took mine off anyway! :thumbsup: