Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHEV... I'm running out of things to tweak, set up, and complain about. What should I do?

Nick72

Any ideas?

At this rate I'm going to get bored with the car and might have to go back to Peugeot which was like having a 100,000 piece jigsaw puzzle with hundreds of pieces missing and 100s of pieces from a different puzzle. And the wrong picture is on the box.

Seriously though, what else might need sorting, modifying and so on? Everything is working fine so now I'm confused.

• Haha 1

One thing I just remembered was I'm putting a model together that determines EV range depending on speed, temperature,  air con. Just need data.

Nick, just enjoy the car, relax, chill have a pint. 🥲

But you could add that the 220v socket is not standard UK but EU, I’m just about to order an adapter.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

Shhh nobody mention spare wheels...

SPARE WHEEL and TOOL KIT! Sorry did I say something?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Nick, just enjoy the car, relax, chill have a pint. 🥲

But you could add that the 220v socket is not standard UK but EU, I’m just about to order an adapter.  

Oh yes. I've not looked at that. Let us know what adaptor you get as I think I'll do the same.

5 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Oh yes. I've not looked at that. Let us know what adaptor you get as I think I'll do the same.

I’ve just ordered this but it will not be delivered for me to try until Monday, we are away, so will let you know if it fits OK etc. I’m assuming the outlet will be a Sine Wave and not a modified Sine Wave? Currently I can not find out what the output wave form is I need it to be Sine Wave ideally any ideas?

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V7Y5J9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

I added extra rubber mats to all my cubbies, took a while to arrive from China but no issues with Aliexpress for many years..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000060474992.html  Have to select a Right hand drive / colour variant.

If you really want to go full megalomaniac, you can play in the service menu, not much you can actually change, recalibrating the camera probably the worst you could do (you have to long press the camera touch screen button on the service menu to get into that)

To enter, start car, once screen booted up, press sound off, Press Home button, bottom right - Screen, set to off (Black screen) swipe horizontally across the screen from left to right 5 times, then same right to left. Service screen should appear. To exit just power car off and on again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Seriously though, what else might need sorting, modifying and so on? Everything is working fine so now I'm confused.

If you have done all the mats etc. how about something like these (others are available) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184321649602

Window wind/rain deflectors?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

I’ve just ordered this but it will not be delivered for me to try until Monday, we are away, so will let you know if it fits OK etc. I’m assuming the outlet will be a Sine Wave and not a modified Sine Wave? Currently I can not find out what the output wave form is I need it to be Sine Wave ideally any ideas?

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V7Y5J9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks like it will do the trick. Thanks Ernie.

It should be pure sinewave output but not 100pc.

2 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

I added extra rubber mats to all my cubbies, took a while to arrive from China but no issues with Aliexpress for many years..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000060474992.html  Have to select a Right hand drive / colour variant.

If you really want to go full megalomaniac, you can play in the service menu, not much you can actually change, recalibrating the camera probably the worst you could do (you have to long press the camera touch screen button on the service menu to get into that)

To enter, start car, once screen booted up, press sound off, Press Home button, bottom right - Screen, set to off (Black screen) swipe horizontally across the screen from left to right 5 times, then same right to left. Service screen should appear. To exit just power car off and on again.

These are cool. Is there a little mat for the small drivers cubby or shelf to the right of the steering wheel. I could do with something with a little more grip to stop my keys shooting out when accelerating.

I'll take a look in the service menu. See what happens. Thx

Just thought... I am still on the last of the fuel the car was delivered with. Quarter tank full on delivery. 

Given the supposed fuel crisis and a weekend break with a long drive this time next week then i think i probably need to some fuel in it first thing tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

These are cool. Is there a little mat for the small drivers cubby or shelf to the right of the steering wheel. I could do with something with a little more grip to stop my keys shooting out when accelerating.

I'll take a look in the service menu. See what happens. Thx

Yes the set included the arm rest storage box, little coin cubby to the right of the wheel (great cubby to have car park ticket ready for the exit), the shelf above the glove box, door bins etc. In fact so many there were a few left over I never worked out where they went!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rav Rob said:

Yes the set included the arm rest storage box, little coin cubby to the right of the wheel (great cubby to have car park ticket ready for the exit), the shelf above the glove box, door bins etc. In fact so many there were a few left over I never worked out where they went!

That's awesome, cheers Rob. Looking at now.

9 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Just thought... I am still on the last of the fuel the car was delivered with. Quarter tank full on delivery. 

Given the supposed fuel crisis and a weekend break with a long drive this time next week then i think i probably need to some fuel in it first thing tomorrow. 

I’d decided to run my tank down so that the next fill would be pretty well all fresh fuel. That meant when we got home after our trip away that we’d be very low so decided when BP first announced that a few stations had closed to go out an fill up. I would have normally filled at this point, around 1/4 tank, anyway but concluded that if I waited until I got home I might be joining a very long queue. Looking at the newspaper headline photographs I think I made a good choice.

So my fuel tank is full and gives me a reported range of 500 miles plus my EV range so total 550 miles. Once home most of my travelling will be EV so I should be good until sanity prevails.

This is a big plus for a PHEV as carrying around a dual fuel load when I get home all my trips will be EV but I still can have the extended range if required.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ernieb said:

I’d decided to run my tank down so that the next fill would be pretty well all fresh fuel. That meant when we got home after our trip away that we’d be very low so decided when BP first announced that a few stations had closed to go out an fill up. I would have normally filled at this point, around 1/4 tank, anyway but concluded that if I waited until I got home I might be joining a very long queue. Looking at the newspaper headline photographs I think I made a good choice.

So my fuel tank is full and gives me a reported range of 500 miles plus my EV range so total 550 miles. Once home most of my travelling will be EV so I should be good until sanity prevails.

This is a big plus for a PHEV as carrying around a dual fuel load when I get home all my trips will be EV but I still can have the extended range if required.

Yeh I agree. 

So I filled up last night. First 4 garages were completely out of fuel. Big Yorkshire trip coming up, on reserve. Last garage there was a long queue. People arguing at the pumps. Big jam. Managed to fight em off. LOL. Whereas this AM ASDA had fuel again and there were only 2 cars on the whole forecourt.

Anyways. 562 miles shown for the HV range after fill up which I thought was much better than I imagined. With the EV that's almost as much as the range on a previous Merc (2.2l turbo diesel) which used to do 650 to 700 miles on a full tank.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:05 PM, Nick72 said:

Any ideas?

At this rate I'm going to get bored with the car and might have to go back to Peugeot which was like having a 100,000 piece jigsaw puzzle with hundreds of pieces missing and 100s of pieces from a different puzzle. And the wrong picture is on the box.

i think the secret is to find out what you can learn, without any help from others,  thats what i did and its fun /and sad 🤣

• Like 1

@Nick72, this is what the EU to 3 pin UK adapter looks like. It appears to be firmly connected with no obvious movement, overall pleased with the result.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V7Y5J9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

57F0D06F-B6C4-4919-856B-DD3C968A11F0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, this is what the EU to 3 pin UK adapter looks like. It appears to be firmly connected with no obvious movement, overall pleased with the result.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V7Y5J9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great, thanks Ernie. I'll get one ordered.

6 hours ago, ernieb said:

OK - I'll bite.

What will you use it for? 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

OK - I'll bite.

What will you use it for? 🙂

If it were the 1.5kW that the Americans get then everything from kettle, microwave, to garden tools when outdoors or doing up derelict properties. But now, at 150W, charging my company laptop on business trips or running a thermoelectric cooler box.

6 hours ago, Nick72 said:

If it were the 1.5kW that the Americans get then everything from kettle, microwave, to garden tools when outdoors or doing up derelict properties. But now, at 150W, charging my company laptop on business trips or running a thermoelectric cooler box.

Agree it's a shame it's only 150W even raising it to 250W would have been more useful.  I've not powered mine up as it was raining hard when I fitted the adapter. Very poor that Toyota did not fit a UK socket and sad that having not done so failed to include and adapter.

• Like 1

220v Power Socket Test.
I tested the 220v outlet using my MacBook Pro with its great brick of a charger put the car into READY mode and charges no problem. Considering the size and weight of the charger for a MacBook it seemed reasonably secure but I wonder if you were driving you might be better off using a small extension lead which would give more confidence that it would not loose connection. The lead could even be fed into the back seat area?

I guess from this that the output must be Pure Sine Wave rather than Modified.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ernieb said:

220v Power Socket Test.
I tested the 220v outlet using my MacBook Pro with its great brick of a charger put the car into READY mode and charges no problem. Considering the size and weight of the charger for a MacBook it seemed reasonably secure but I wonder if you were driving you might be better off using a small extension lead which would give more confidence that it would not loose connection. The lead could even be fed into the back seat area?

I guess from this that the output must be Pure Sine Wave rather than Modified.

Think you're right Ernie.

Extension lead probably the way to go.

Just ordered the adaptor so thanks for this.

If I can charge works laptop the that's the main plus.