Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thoughts on the new Yaris and a question for help

Yugguy1970

15 hours ago, RickyC said:

Check the procedure on page 184 of e-manual ( OKM100E_V2 )

Got it! I was pulling instead of pushing!😵

• Haha 1

I tried the procedure last february because I would like to disable the automatic handbrake ( that was active when i got the car from dealer ) because my town is flat ( there're no hills ) and I succeded.  Then talking with other owners I was suggested to always activate handbrake when parking because if someone hits the car on bumpers the movement can damage the parking lock of transmission. 

The big side effect is that there's any emergency procedure to release the handbrake if your Battery go flat. 

7 minutes ago, RickyC said:

...  Then talking with other owners I was suggested to always activate handbrake when parking because if someone hits the car on bumpers the movement can damage the parking lock of transmission. 

The big side effect is that there's any emergency procedure to release the handbrake if your battery go flat. 

Still waiting for my Yaris IV, but on my current automatic transmission car I always have the handbrake set when parked. The car is too old for an automatic electric handbrake. If the car is hit softly, I suppose the handbrake will "hold" the car and protect the transmission park mechanism. However, I wonder if with Toyota E-CVT that precaution is still needed.

For me, I just don't like the handbrake being on whilst the car is parked on level ground either in my garage or in my driveway. The transmission lock is sufficient for both of those situations and that way, I can avoid the pads sticking on when the car has been stood idle for a long time; especially during the winter time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links