Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No boot space shelf available in UK spec Yaris

TruBlu

Toyota UK spec Yaris cars don't include the boot space false/levelling floor as they do in Continental Europe... so I made my own....

IMG_20210925_141303.jpg

IMG_20210925_144357.jpg

IMG_20210925_145033.jpg

IMG_20210925_144931.jpg

IMG_20210925_145244.jpg

• Like 8

TruBlu, I certainly value a larger flat load area for when the seats are flat. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TruBlu said:

Toyota UK spec Yaris cars don't include the boot space false/levelling floor as they do in continental Europe... so I made my own....

IMG_20210925_145244.jpg

Nice job! What with/how did you mock up a template accurately?

It took some thinking about but here is how I did it. I took out the cover that hides the spare wheel. Placed this on some cheap hardboard and drew around it. Cut to this outline with a jig saw. This will not be an exact match to the area where the lugs are but near enough. I place the hardboard into the space (the hardboard is quite flexible, so easy enough to get through the door aperture). I then added masking tape on top of the hardboard to follow the shape of the interior just above where the support lugs are located (the sides will be a good fit) you may also have to do this to follow the curve near the boot door catch, I then removed the hardboard complete with masking tape and placed this on 9mm MDF (the MDF will be strong enough to not bend under the weight of shopping etc) and using this as the accurate template I drew around the hardboard and masking tape and cut the MDF with a jig saw. I actually added some sound proofing under the MDF and some felt protectors (above the lug locations). Bought a rubber backed mat off eBay and cut this to the shape of the MDF. Added some Velcro where necessary to prevent the mat from moving. Drilled a whole through the mat and MDF for my finger to go through to make it easy to lift. I also added a strap on the right aft corner as there is a convenient hook just inside the of the right hand rear light cluster, this is handy to hold up the MDF to gain access to the underneath. Job done. Sounds complicated but relatively easy to make and cost approximately £45.

Good little project and surprisingly turned out well. A productive Sunday in the garage.

PS: As the MDF is not flexible you may have to remove the parcel shelf and fold the rear seats to get it in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's an option in the UK and Europe and standard on the top spec models in Europe

It's £120-145 tho (58410-K0020-C1)

LH and RH trims are not required on all, but the bog spec gen4

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/bcfe0c5b-6363-43cf-bb1c-8e650984f472/Yaris_Double_Deck_58410_K0020_C1_AIM_006_086_0.pdf

14 hours ago, flash22 said:

It's an option in the UK and Europe and standard on the top spec models in Europe

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/bcfe0c5b-6363-43cf-bb1c-8e650984f472/Yaris_Double_Deck_58410_K0020_C1_AIM_006_086_0.pdf

No idea why the price is so absurdly high for a single piece of carpeted composite.

On 9/26/2021 at 12:13 AM, TruBlu said:

Toyota UK spec Yaris cars don't include the boot space false/levelling floor as they do in continental Europe... so I made my own....

They don't come as standard in Croatia either, so it's not all of Continental Europe.

Can your be stored on the bottom deck like the original?

Nice job Robert. I did the same, ages ago, and like you, used 9mm MDF. I did attach a couple of timber braces underneath secured with scews from above. The screw heads are concealed under black car carpet I glued in place. I also stapled in some sound deadening between the braces.

Drilled a hole, like you, at the rear, and finished that off using a rubber grommet glued in place.

My template was cut from strong cardboard. It was less than £30 for the complete thing.

15 hours ago, flash22 said:

Standard in France, but not if you go for the panoramic roof.

6 hours ago, baxuz said:

No idea why the price is so absurdly high for a single piece of carpeted composite.

They don't come as standard in Croatia either, so it's not all of continental Europe.

Can your be stored on the bottom deck like the original?

No, but why would you want to?

6 hours ago, mrpj said:

Nice job Robert. I did the same, ages ago, and like you, used 9mm MDF. I did attach a couple of timber braces underneath secured with scews from above. The screw heads are concealed under black car carpet I glued in place. I also stapled in some sound deadening between the braces.

Drilled a hole, like you, at the rear, and finished that off using a rubber grommet glued in place.

My template was cut from strong cardboard. It was less than £30 for the complete thing.

Great minds eh!

Toyota have weird pricing on things - For service and regular replacement items they are obscenely reasonable, to the point that I rarely go anywhere other than Toyota for such things.

For anything that isn't a service item their prices vary between "Ehhh... :unsure: " to "You wot?! :eek: " - I needed a replacement wheel centre cap for my Mk1 Yaris and it was something like £50! For one!

I swear dealers make up the prices as they go, as you say they are reasonable for some items - but some prices are eye watering, like the electrical connectors £2.08 for the housing and then £15 for 1 pigtail (a pre crimped terminal on a bit of wire) real world cost in low volumes about 12p

in the past, i have resorted to buying used looms and pulling them apart and de-pinning connectors

23 hours ago, TruBlu said:

No, but why would you want to?

because that's how the original works. Where would you put it if you need more boot space?

1 hour ago, baxuz said:

because that's how the original works. Where would you put it if you need more boot space?

Leave it at home in the garage. Or temporarily standing on the floor behind the driver and passenger seat. Or, fold the rear seats down and lay it flat. But with it in situ, with the rear seats folded down you get a nice flat surface all the way up to the back of the driver and passenger seat. I can't see that it would be an issue.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links