Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has anyone find difficulties to refuel his car recently

TonyHSD

Hi everyone,

what a joke has happened with all that nonsense about the fuel since Friday afternoon. I had full tank early that morning ready for my evening work then in the afternoon I read the news and I went out later that day and it was a carnage on the roads, massive queue everywhere and where no queue meant no fuel🤭 Now after two shifts my tank is almost empty and I have to wait for hours to refuel ., plus getting into places is so difficult because of the blocked roads and junctions. It seems like a forced holiday to me, but what about you guys., are you willing to queue for hours to fill up your tank and mostly able to get only £30 worth of petrol, ? 

I'm glad that I filled up on Thursday, My usual place I use was closed for refurbishment. 

Wondering if their pumps weren't up to the job with the new petrol.

Toyota missed a trick and should have made all gen 3 hybrids plug in, 20 - 30 miles would have been more incentive over 1 - 4 miles.

• Thanks 1

Nope...no problem for me...as I haven't tried to buy any.!!

I refuse to join the frenzied panic buying fraternity and won't buy any fuel until I actually NEED it.

These peeps simply cause a "shortage" that needn't have existed...and now have millions of gallons of uneccessary fuel sloshing about in their tanks.

Probably the same peeps who still have massive stocks of toilet tissue bought in 2020.😉

I will need fuel next weekend for a 400 mile return journey but I'm hoping by then things will  have calmed down a little.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RUToyota said:

I refuse to join the frenzied panic buying fraternity and won't buy any fuel until I actually NEED it.

These peeps simply cause a "shortage" that needn't have existed...and now have millions of gallons of uneccessary fuel sloshing about in their tanks.

Probably the same peeps who still have massive stocks of toilet tissue bought in 2020.😉

I will need fuel next weekend for a 400 mile return journey but I'm hoping by then things will  have calmed down a little.

Fingers crossed, but it would be amusing if we end up with another lock down and they can't sell their petrol back lol

• Like 1

Well, the press blowing it out of proportion as per usual didn't help - but that's for another platform to discuss

early hours of the morning may be the best bet if you need fuel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was in Holmfirth Monday to Friday and now on the Isle of Skye. No issues with filling up at either location.

• Thanks 1

In my area we have around 3 petrol stations. One was out of Diesel but had petrol. Went to Morrisons for water and also filled the Auris as a tanker had just made a delivery. que of around 7 minutes wait.  Put £40 worth in. Care for my Grandparents and have trips out to the Hospital Wednesday. Volvo 940 is low, but not needed yet, can always use Auris for work if it continues.

Morrisons had 35,000 litres delivered. 25,000 litres of diesel, rest petrol. Said it would be sold in 5 hours! Ran out of Diesel earlier.

James👍

• Like 1

It's a southern and western thing there are 2 major hubs in the southeast, one in Fawley, Hampshire (Esso) and the other in  Purfleet/Benfleet, Essex (Shell aka RDS) with the BP refinery on the isle of grain, Kent

• Thanks 1

Fairly rural location with limited Petrol forecourts nearby. Totally agree with RUToyota.

At my two nearest there were no queues earlier. Only the usual two or three cars taking fuel at each. One Shell and the other Essar (operated by Morrisons). I noticed that the Shell had not changed their prices but the other had suddenly increased unleaded by 5p/litre. I wonder why? They've lost my custom in future.

I did however, queue for two hours yesterday to top up my tank, 4 litre I think, plus 4 x 20 litre jerrycans. That should keep things going for 6 months! (No, I didn't)

• Like 1

That’s what I was hoping so to find a fuel through the night while driving around but no luck in Hertfordshire and London East and North. £30 limit which means I had to queue every day for few hours to refill to do my work, me think holiday time again👌🚙

Blame it on the news media, be it newspapers, radio, tv, internet. There is no fuel shortage. There is a shortage of drivers but the news media dramatises everything, in this instance it’s has caused panic buying.

Having said that, the wife has been shopping this morning and the very popular Sainsburys fuel point was ok, just her and two other cars and plenty of fuel.

• Like 5

Not had to buy any petrol since the panic buying started, but certainly having an impact locally with long queues and some fuel stations shut.

Had to burn some petrol on a long trip the other day and with all the public chargers in use at the destination, but hopefully by charging up the PHEV at home before every trip, maximise use of electric and stretch out the petrol in the tank until this whole panic buying situation has blown over. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RUToyota said:

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Complete nonsense, generated by the media, which then makes tens of thousands of people with nothing better to do go out to fill up to the “brim” just in case they can’t get fuel. Petrol station staff should turn anybody away if they have half a tank or more. Selfish acts. A case of “I’m alright Jack”. It’s a sad state of the society we live in today. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DaddyBaddy said:

It’s a sad state of the society we live in today. 

Certainly is....and it's the same every time the media "suggests" that there might be a shortage of some commodity or other.....madness then ensues.!

• Like 1

It’s not a joke, just tried 6 different petrol stations in London and Hertfordshire and non had any fuels. I have only 90 miles range remained. 😐🔋 very depressing look of my dashboard this evening, low on fuel, low on Battery and low temperature on the coolant 🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The latest idiocy going round Farcebook is that this is all a conspiracy to make us use up all the stale fuel not used during lockdown.

They usually put a "wake up people" on the end.  By wake up I guess they mean believe any insanity you read on social media.

I am sorry for the fuel shortage. I know that the LPG natural gas price spike 3x more expensive than early 2020. The petrol price is also high but it is mainly because of USA, Russia, and OPEC productions were reduced a lot from Covid-19 demands drop and these days the demand is up again. However, the supply is still low especially USA production, the no.1 oil supplier. At one point, the crude oil was negative in USA during the peak of Covid-19.  Texas winter storm and Louisiana hurricane hit knocked down many refinery facilities. 

I am sure the price of petrol will level again to roughly less than £1/€1.3 in the long term unless gov. Tax changes. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

The latest idiocy going round Farcebook is that this is all a conspiracy to make us use up all the stale fuel not used during lockdown.

They usually put a "wake up people" on the end.  By wake up I guess they mean believe any insanity you read on social media.

If the plan is to get us use the stale fuel not used during lock down….. that plan is doomed if they can’t get it to the pumps. So someone not very bright suggesting that.

• Like 1

I don’t know why and who has any plans but where I came from back in the 1990’s after a huge political reform there were shortages of everything starting with the fuel and power supply.
There were massive queues in each petrol stations with only small allowance of 20ltrs per car and no Jerry can or spare gallon allowed , one bread per family per day and one kilo of sugar and rice., again you needed to be early morning on the queue to get it.
Cloths like jeans and colourful shirts were not available freely and only sold in special shops restricted to a wealthy people who had connections with top politicians, foreign embassy or been foreign citizens and able to pay in US dollars. If you ever need a spare parts for cars or anything else you had to know people who are in the trade to have some otherwise you will be waiting for months before eventually source one if ever manage to do. You want to buy a new car, well that’s fine as long as you have money and wait for 10 years, and don’t worry you won’t be buying an old model that you had put deposit on since the make and model that were available never changed for 30-40 years, they were perfect from the beginning. Lada 🚗👌, I missed these vehicles 😍There were shoddy car dealers waiting outside showrooms with used cars at prices more expensive than the new ones, but you don’t have to wait right 🤣, Pretty much North Korea lifestyle🛠☎️, which I can understand for a small developing countries but for England in 2021 ?! Don’t want to stress but what would be next power outage? 
So now I see I was wrong about the cars that are most suitable for current times, they are not electric, not Toyota hybrids, not even a petrol cars but old Diesel engine powered banners that can run on pure vegetable oil and anything else that can burn 🔥

• Haha 1

At least you can buy some toilet rolls when you pay for your petrol. 

Carrefour in Mons, Be, has largely empty shelves.  Getting cheap HGV drivers from Europe? Some chance. 

As pointed out, it there is an HGV driver shortage, not an HGV/ADR driver shortage.  There were enough last week. 

• Like 1

1.8 '58 Valvematic Tourer. I last filled up on the 18th September, but not the slow brim to thevery top. I have done around 100 miles to date and have about ¾ - ⅔ of a tank remaining. I only use the car for essential trips and do any shopping during that time. Otherwise I ride my bike or walk. When we had the last fuel shortage, I didn't queue nor panic buy. I just planned everything carefully. All those people queuing, either were caught short, especially the ones who only put in a tenner and are always running on empty, those doing a lot of trips and have no other choice.

It's the selfish drivers who don't need the extra fuel, plus the news media who are the problem. The shortage of tanker drivers didn't happen overnight! 

Any seen the Phil McCann BBC reporter joke? 😂

• Like 3

Now the fuel robberies has started. Been reported cases in Birmingham since last night that thieves puncture a fuel tanks of cars to drain the fuel. So I need to leave a note on the windscreen that I have no tools left,  no fuel and my car is high mileage and catalytic converter is almost burnt so nothing worth their attention. 🤭

• Haha 2

With fuel stations running dry the next time we can fill up we will be getting pure E10 petrol uncontaminated with old stock of E5. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:37 AM, RUToyota said:

These peeps simply cause a "shortage" that needn't have existed.

And who are those scums that caused this panic buying? Answers on an post card please 🙂

Anyways, all 4 petrol pumps near me had no queues has they had not fuel, and the 5th one had mile long queues so, not really too fussed, still got half a tank, hopefully I can get by until the weekend, don't have any longish drives.

Keep calm, it'll over soon.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

So now I see I was wrong about the cars that are most suitable for current times, they are not electric, not Toyota hybrids, not even a petrol cars but old Diesel engine powered banners that can run on pure vegetable oil and anything else that can burn 🔥

Yeah it's a bugger they're about to ban all the DERVs suitable for running on diesel alternatives just when it would have been useful :laugh: 

Electric would still be good tho', assuming you had your own garage/driveway!

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Now the fuel robberies has started. Been reported cases in Birmingham since last night that thieves puncture a fuel tanks of cars to drain the fuel. So I need to leave a note on the windscreen that I have no tools left,  no fuel and my car is high mileage and catalytic converter is almost burnt so nothing worth their attention. 🤭

I never thought I'd see an advantage of my Mk4 having the World's Smallest Petrol Tank!! :laugh: 

It's a good thing for those thieves we haven't started deploying inductive charging for EV's!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links