Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has anyone find difficulties to refuel his car recently

TonyHSD

Good grief the more time goes on the more I appreciate how lucky I was that Jemca messed up my old car and forced me to get a Mk4!! First it was the EV charging price hikes, and now all this fuel business!

If I was still running that Mk2 I'd be in a much more difficult situation with all this (It did less than 400 miles on 37L of fuel - The Mk4 is doing just under 500 on 28!!)

Took the opportunity to top up my tank this afternoon whilst out & about as it was ~1/3 full.

Morrisson's was busy with a reasonable queue, but partly because a tanker was on the forecourt delivering, 1 BP on the opposite side of the carriageway looked OK - no queue & the BP that I filled up in didn't have a queue but had no E10 unleaded - diesel & Super only. Given the low mileage that I am doing these days I had already decided previously that I would switch to Super rather than E10 so not a problem. 😄

• Like 1

They are all in it together, the lorry drivers, the fuel companies and the government:

Lorry drivers want higher wages

The fuel companies bump up the fuel price

The government wants you to buy electric cars

• Like 2

Only a week ago the posts were E10 vs E5, now where to get any fuel 😐,.. there is no fuel in around north London and Hertfordshire almost in all garages., or perhaps they don’t want to sell for the moment because of the iDiots fighting to have refuel. I will give a try later on today and tomorrow and if this nonsense continues I am jetting off to a sunnier destination 🙅🏻‍♂️ 🛫🔆, will be back when petrol is widely available and will order a new 12v Battery waiting for me to swap on my return 🔋👌

Hurray! 
I managed to fill up 26ltr of Esso 99 E5 after an hour and half waiting at one of the only two garages with petrol available in my town😂 What a challenge, the good news is that everything was polite and calm, no fighting, no queue jumping and at the forecourt the drivers ahead were helping us at which column to stop and what fuel has left. , little hope in humanity. ITV van was there for some reason, but they didn’t interviewed me. 🤣  Dashboard looks much better now with almost full tank and full Battery. Success 🔋🤭

AD34259A-D69D-46B3-8C2B-CF34B04B336F.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Only a week ago the posts were E10 vs E5, now where to get any fuel

This is to stop us from moaning at E10  🙂

• Haha 3

Lincolnshire today A52 Gulf open, Holton le clay Esso closed. 

Louth Shell no E5, plenty of E10.  The only queue was the inside double pairs as the back pair stuck behind the front.  

I just went to a wrong side spare pump at the front. Git my usual £20 top up, no queue to pay, paid and left. 

Surprising how many people will not use a wrong side pump. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Surprising how many people will not use a wrong side pump. 

I'm afraid I'm on that list Roy.

After many years in an Astra, my new Corolla has the filler on the opposite side of the car and going to the side of the pumps that I've never used before, everything seemed so strange although I guess they were identical.

1 hour ago, roks said:

This is to stop us from moaning at E10  🙂

Indeed, but I still managed to get E5 , actually 99 E5 was available at few columns but most drivers were about 95 E10, £1.39 vs £1.56 .

On 9/27/2021 at 7:50 AM, Catlover said:

If the plan is to get us use the stale fuel not used during lock down….. that plan is doomed if they can’t get it to the pumps. So someone not very bright suggesting that.

Agreed as if you do the numbers 420 full average tanks empties each grade. Someone on Farcebook doesn’t know maths 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Indeed, but I still managed to get E5 , actually 99 E5 was available at few columns but most drivers were about 95 E10, £1.39 vs £1.56 .

My local is e10 £1.34 e5 £1.64

• Thanks 1

my E5 Super was £1.47.9/l, 10p/l more thah the E10 would have been if they had had any ...

• Thanks 1

I was speaking to an acquaintance and he was really ****** off at this whole situation as he'd just traded in his old volvo diesel for a newer turbo petrol ahead of the ULEZocalypse, and got stuck queuing for petrol, whereas before he used to make his own diesel from his parents' waste takeaway oil which would have let him ride out this whole thing! :laugh: 

I'm trying to ride this out on this tank - Hopefully all the panic buyers will have filled up by the end of the week  so things can get back to normal...!

• Like 2

Out tonight and I saw few more garages open and has fuel, but at some the queues were long 🤭 I missed my Tesco E5 at £1.41 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MyOpinionnotrespected said:

My local is e10 £1.34 e5 £1.64

That is a huge difference, looking into Mercedes 190D and trying to make some friends with the local Indian take always 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just in case have vacation plan to Alps. Austria gasoline is always E5 and cost about €1.3 for Super95, £1.12.   They do not sell E10. I think E10 is always 4-6 cents cheaper than E5 and for that reason, I always choose E5.  Ethanol reacts with Phosphorus/ZDP and reduce engine oil film strengths that reduce engine protection and kill catalytic converter faster

• Like 1

It’s cleaner burning e10 but anything else is worse for the car. E5 it’s ok for me and smells like petrol where e10 has no smell or perhaps like fake vodka 😂 Just lucky to past the same garage from yesterday and there was small queue, got some fuel ready for later. 

• Haha 1

I can't remember or find the Youtube video. Bear in mind it was the U.S.A. and a very basic fuel burning test. It compared Ethanol free, E5, E10 and E85 being set of fire, observing and comparing the black smoke from each!

One guess which gave off no smoke? He said it was because the oil companies added stuff, they couldn't dispose of cheaply, to the Ethanol added fuel.

I'm not saying it's the same here because we all know our fuel producers are squeaky clean.

Moved to General Discussions as topic isn't model specific.

Our local BP has taken the opportunity to refurbish the pumps, possibly coincidental, but it makes the guys doing the work life so much easier they also put in 4 150kw chargers recently, the substation come on a low loader, there seems to be a glut of Model 3 Tesla's around here in the last few months

A few garages around have been caught gouging prices anything up to £2.02 (iirc that's the highest price in the world per L)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Amazing.  And it is terrible how members of the public abuse others trying to help. It happens to paramedics, fire service as well as police. Need to toughen the punishments. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Amazing.  And it is terrible how members of the public abuse others trying to help. It happens to paramedics, fire service as well as police. Need to toughen the punishments. 

They already have - Assaults on Emergency Workers (Offences) Act 2018

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/assaults-emergency-workers-offences-act-2018

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links