Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Wiper Blades

venomx

Hi . My rear wiper makes an annoying sound of rubber moving against my window and I'm looking to replace the Wiper Blades and don't know where to start. 

There is a mechanic not far from me who sells them. So maybe I could ask them ?

Should I measure my current ones ? I've a Yaris SR 2008

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Stivino said:

https://www.trico.eu.com/  that site will tell you the sizes.

Thanks. I did look on there but the suppliers aren't near me.

If I check Halfords, I enter my reg details and it finds my car. However it comes up with loads of different sizes of wipers, do they not have one compatible size then or can you use a range of sizes which are compatible ?

14 minutes ago, venomx said:

Thanks. I did look on there but the suppliers aren't near me.

I only suggested that you get the sizes.  Once you know the size, you can buy the blades anywhere.

The manual should have the sizes IIRC, but TBH the easiest thing to do is just measure them, then you know directly from the horse's proverbial what the correct size is.

Then you can just order some from amazon/ebay/halfords/eurocarparts/etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stivino said:

I only suggested that you get the sizes.  Once you know the size, you can buy the blades anywhere.

Thanks for the info... I did check there but I cannot find any sizes ??

https://www.trico.eu.com/find-trico-uk?find=toyota-yaris-hatchback-2008-right-hand-drive-369413726&removal=1

You may find they are the same size, just different brands and types of blades, I usually go for Bosch blades (have a set on hand for this autumn/winter)

front is a 24" and a 15",

Rear 12" (Bosch H304 - £8-9)

If you want to use halfrauds https://www.halfords.com/motoring/wiper-blades/bosch-h304-wiper-blade---single-323763.html

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I checked the manual but it didn't give any info regarding wiper sizes.

I'm new to driving so i'll pop down to the mechanic tomorrow and find out. I'll also make sure to measure the blades too. 🙂

Be aware jap built cars use a different rear wiper

ps. new wipers come with a packing grease on the blade, clean it off with glass cleaner, screen wash or soapy water before fitting

1 hour ago, venomx said:

Thanks for the info... I did check there but I cannot find any sizes ??

https://www.trico.eu.com/find-trico-uk?find=toyota-yaris-hatchback-2008-right-hand-drive-369413726&removal=1

It does give the size. 
Driver EF600

Passenger EF350

Rear  EX305

I assume the number refers to the length in mm.

I checked it with my car and it seems to work that way.

It would have been easy to measure them.  If stuck for your size of blade you could buy the next size up, take the rubber out and shorten it to the exact length of your old one.

Got some blades and managed to snap the connection in the process as it wasn't clipping off at all ☹️. Now the new blade won't fit on at all. This won't fail the MOT will it ? Is it an easy job to fix ? And it's not dangerous to drive with it disconnected ? I have a service and MOT next week so hopefully I can arrange to get it fixed

20210928_142836.jpg

new arm required yes it will fail an MOT, wrap the end in a cloth and tie it on, so it doesn't scratch the glass

85241-0D020

to change the wiper, lift the arm off the screen and turn the wiper 90º it then just unclips - the age of the plastic it may have gone brittle, it's just one of those things

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

new arm required yes it will fail an MOT, wrap the end in a cloth and tie it on, so it doesn't scratch the glass

85241-0D020

Oh no I didn't think rear wipers were part of the MOT test ( it does move back into place btw it's just the end bit that's snapped.

I'll get one of those right  away... are any of these ok ?

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/852410d020

Just now, flash22 said:

Yes but be aware autodoc is based in Europe, it may take time to get here

Anywhere else then which is quicker ? MOT is due next week

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Hero !! Thanks mate.

That is the european version right ? A mechanic told me mines the european version not jap

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

85241-0D020 is the correct part for the French built yaris - first 3 letters of the vin start VNK

The Toyota part is £47 just for the arm

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323699885493

half that for a use item

OK So the one you originally posted won't fit ? It says in the description Toyota Yaris (Mk2) 1.33 which is what I have

In the description of the one you first posted it says "1329cc 74KW 100HP 1NR-FE "

Which the FE must mean French Edition ?

1nr-fe is the engine code/type - i cant find a cross-reference of the cheaper one, but it does look right

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, flash22 said:

1nr-fe is the engine code/type - i cant find a cross-reference of the cheaper one, but it does look right

OK I messaged the seller. He said it's only for the imported Jap version.

I've got one off autodoc coming.. this one..

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/ridex/15784304

There is also one on eBay too with part number " 85241-0D020 " . So i'll probably cancel the autodoc order and stick with the eBay one

Rear arm should be here today :kicking:

I have an MOT next week and suspect the front blades may need replacing as there is one tiny streak when in motion. Will the person doing the MOT stock & replace them or will I have to buy the wipers elsewhere and let him fit them ?

Give your windscreen a very good was to strip all road muck and road oils away, clean your existing Wiper Blades, vinegar or wd40. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links