Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise control add on - Yaris 2012

amron

Hi, I've seen on Aliexpress a cruise control add on, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827779571.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.7.2af2fc0cYzvdRY

I would like to ask how can I tell if my vehicle is compatible and will accept this control seamless, or it's more complicated than displayed by the vendor.

Thanx for your comments. 

What is your location ? What are the first 3 letters of your VIN ? Do you have steering wheel audio controls ?

Attached pic of the VIN plate & the seering wheel.  there are controls on the left beam of the steering wheel. I'm located in Israel.

vin.jpg

steeringwheel.jpg

It's a French built yaris, built 08/12, 1NRFE, CVT, Colour 8S7

It's very hit and miss with the 1.3 with CVT if the ECU is programmed, you can check with techstream to see if it has the options are in the data list (pic below) or just try it with a cheap Chinese stalk - part number for the stalk is 84632-0F010 or 84632-34011

561849275_gen3gtsCCdatalist.thumb.jpg.a7ff1e8123c3de05623dd10b503ef4ed.jpg

Thanx for the reply. if I understand, according to the table you've uploaded, the cruise control functions are disabled (they are all "off"), if that's the case, is there any possibility to connect into the ecu and turn them "on"? and a second question, could you explain what is the stalk and where can I buy it? is it a Toyota part?

The stalk is what you posted in the first link, the image above is of the live data, if the ecu is not programmed it only displays 1 item in that list

A156E3EA-D606-43DA-B8D4-A4D76F14E1B9.jpe

The live data shows what the function is doing

So, since there is only one item on the list, I can assume that the cruise control option is off. one more disappointment in life...

btw- is there a way to program the ecu, I mean, is it possible that the function exists and it only has to be turned on, or is it more to it?

i take it you have techstream then ? There is no way to program the ecu for CC, you need to swap the ecu for one with CC

I did help another member with CC on a yaris 1.3 CVT, but that was an Asia built car i can post a link but most of it may not, be relevant

As yours is a French built car, you may be able to get a used ecu easier but i would have to look it up in the EPC

Thanx but if that's the case, it's too much of a hassle to add the cruise control. I've managed until now without it, I hope that I'll survive continuing without it, but thanx for your efforts. unfortunately, I don't have the techstream, only yesterday I learnt about it's existence, from on of your replies. I would like to have one since my previous vehicle was a Citroen and I had the Lexia and it was awesome. thanx again for your input.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 4:03 PM, flash22 said:

i take it you have techstream then ? There is no way to program the ecu for CC, you need to swap the ecu for one with CC

I did help another member with CC on a yaris 1.3 CVT, but that was an Asia built car i can post a link but most of it may not, be relevant

As yours is a French built car, you may be able to get a used ecu easier but i would have to look it up in the EPC

This is my car info https://en.vindecoder.pl/VNKKCOD300A027527 
Can I enable Alarm?
Can I do this 

No you can just turn on an alarm also the video is of a US car (it's US built in Indiana)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, flash22 said:

No you can just turn on an alarm also the video is of a US car (it's US built in Indiana)

I don't really know how to "just turn it on" :huh:. A tutorial would be much appreciated. Also would like to set the car to auto lock it self when I'm out (key is out) after like 10 seconds. 

That should read you CAN NOT just turn an alarm on a Euro or Jap built car, if you want an alarm get a decent quality one fitted

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links