Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Up to date service plan costs

GraemeBW

New or used? If new, should be the equivalent of 2 intermediate services and 1 full service. If used, and depending on mileage, could be the same or 1 intermediate and 2 full.

Please clarify.

I purchased my brand new car in March 2021.

Service plan for 3 years and 1 MOT was £449.

3 hours ago, martswain said:

I purchased my brand new car in March 2021.

Service plan for 3 years and 1 MOT was £449.

Is that 2 Intermediates, 1 full + 1 mot?

Just checking as it seemed a good figure.

Used 2017 aygo (MMT) :  2 full and 1 intermediate. It costed me £740 last month.

£720 for a new Corolla here.

I find it a bit on the pricey side, TBH, bearing in mind that only one of the three services will be major. But the new warranty scheme has become a bit of a ransom for those of us who want 5 years (and beyond) of cover.

Stuart, that sounds ok, £720. 2 Intermediates @ £185, plus 1 full @ £340 =£710. Does it include your first mot?       
You don’t have to have Toyota service to maintain your warranty. You can go to a Vat registered garage, and as long as you can prove (receipts) that Toyota approved parts/oils have been used you are under warranty. Only when you go to Relax (either 5 or 3 years) do you need a Toyota service.

12 hours ago, Catlover said:

Stuart, that sounds ok, £720. 2 Intermediates @ £185, plus 1 full @ £340 =£710. Does it include your first mot?       

Maybe it's OK. It doesn't include the MOT, as far as I'm aware. To understand where I'm coming from, my last 2 cars were bought new with the service plan wrapped into the deal. Prior to that, I only ever owned secondhand cars and did my own maintenance, so I've never paid dealer servicing charges before. Just seems like high fees for cars with very basic servicing requirements.

Those costs are lower than I used to pay on a 2008 model serviced at an independent garage, so not something I would consider high, although it is more than I'm paying.

I'm currently paying £16.08 per month for a 3 year Toyota service deal on my 2020 Aygo - total £578.88 - which I started in November 2020.

My £449 looks an excellent deal, must the the lower labour rates here in Scotland.

All my service plans form Arnold Clark have been very reasonably priced.

Arnold Clark operate their own service plans which are significantly cheaper than the "genuine Toyota" - I have one too. 🙂

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just paid £640 (or 16 monthly payments of £40) includes 2 intermediates services and one full, no MOT.   Then again I was paying 31.20 a month for my Honda CRV that I traded in but over 31 months, so £940 in total and that did included MOT.

What you paid appears to be the current rate for those services. They are guaranteed prices, so you gain no price increases, dealer gains by you paying in advance and knowing you are their customer for the length of the contract. Two winners, everybody happy. 😍

I originally took out a service plan from new with Roundswell Toyota in Barnstaple but when I moved and couldn't get my servicing done there I found it was exclusive to them, so I now have an 'all Toyota dealers' 3 year service plan for years 2-4 including MOT for £26.91 per month.

Dave, that doesn’t tell what is included nor how many months you pay the instalment.  Maybe you intended it that way, that’s fine.

19 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Dave, that doesn’t tell what is included nor how many months you pay the instalment.  Maybe you intended it that way, that’s fine.

Two full services, one intermediate service plus one MOT.

£26.91 per month for 2 years - total £645.84

Dave, you paying roughly same as Paul….. but your plans a very different. You are paying less then 2 full service and you got an intermediate and a mot as well. 

3 hours ago, Catlover said:

What you paid appears to be the current rate for those services. They are guaranteed prices, so you gain no price increases, dealer gains by you paying in advance and knowing you are their customer for the length of the contract. Two winners, everybody happy. 😍

That plus I get the extended warranty at each service so I was happy with the price.

I paid £16.00 per month for the last aygo and now the new one is the same price so no increase to be honest I don't know what I am getting for this will need to check with the dealer