Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker level to RCA line out converter

ChaiSaPosmeq

Hi 

I am doing small upgrade to my sound system in my Toyota Auris 2013 which has touch screen stereo. I have the following problem. I have several pins in the back of the headhunt but I can§t figure out which is for the Speakers and how to. connect the SLI unit. I have looked up everywhere - google, YouTube etc. It seems my car yet again is like unicorn and I can't find diagrams of the wiring. Does anyone have installed SLI before or at least have any idea which cables are for the audio and which are the power and ground cable? 

Thank you in advance for the help!

image14.jpeg

image13.jpeg

image10.jpeg

image11.jpeg

image12.jpeg

oh I forgot to mention I have bought the following SLI module from caraudiosecurity in London. It is suppose to be what I need. Its just have the cables for the sub which I intend to add. 

https://www.carelectronicsnottingham.co.uk/audison-connection-sonus-sli-2-channel-speaker-level-to-rca-line-out-converter?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr__-_eCm8wIVwe7tCh3r6gkjEAQYASABEgJS9vD_BwE 

Dont cut in to the factory loom, use a SOT lead (this also gives a handy iso connection)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290452956469?hash=item43a0586535:g:5zIAAOSwFtZamCbM

power and Speakers are a standard pinout from 1987 onwards

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

What are you trying to do ? That Audoson adapter is a bit over kill, for a simple setup (it takes all 4 channels and gives you 2 balanced RCA's the sort of thing you use with an audio processor

• Like 1

Thank you Bob. I am looking at the T-HARNESS WIRING LEAD but I got couple of questions if you don't mind. 

It says it first Toyota Supra : 1986 to 1993 and Toyota Yaris : 1999 onward. I will search for specific for Auris though just to double check if it actually fits. Then I have to figure out how to connect the SLI to this harness. Am I on the right track here? 

Its just been a while since I last messed with head unit of a car. My knowledge could be outdated I am afraid. 

Thank you

see my edit above

SOT-062 or CT10TY01 fits 90% of Toyota's from 1987 inc the Auris

Sounds awesome and it could save me a lot of rewiring. Could you tell me if this has already a pin for Speaker level to RCA line out converter on it so I can just plug in and be able to add the sub you recon?

Thank you 

The touch 2 doesn't have Line-out only speaker level, what sub are fitting is it an all in one or a sub and amp combo ? most have speaker level in as standard these days

I wanted a Hertz sub and amp however it is hard to find. So I decided to take use this Edge with build in amp. I had one of these before and it was awesome. To connect it I would need RCA Cable connection and I don't have one at the moment. So when I spoke with the lad from caraudiosecurity he said that I would need an adaptor so I can add the RCA Cable connection for the amp. 

443742.jp2

Firstly, thank you for your support. I got that booklet but because I am a dummy I figured I have to connect to the head unit only 3 wires - red for power, black for ground and rem for signal + the RCA when I add the sub. I don't really need to connect the rest anywhere. Do I get that right by that scheme or I am getting it wrong? 

Thank you

I actually don't understand what you mean when you say That sub has a high Level in aka speaker level to be honest

I actually saw it now. On the sub itself there is High Input port and the RCA ports. It says on the description of the sub that I don't need a convertor. In this case how do you connect the sub to the standard head unit then? I do apologise for the questions mate but I am a bit confused about this. This was the hardest part of the whole upgrade. I already installed 4 Hertz Speakers and the sound quality ent through the roof. However I want to add some actual bas sound to it too. And I am just not sure at all how to connect this sub to the standard head unit. I hope you understand where I am coming from. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, ChaiSaPosmeq said:

I actually saw it now. On the sub itself there is High Input port and the RCA ports. It says on the description of the sub that I don't need a convertor. In this case how do you connect the sub to the standard head unit then? I do apologise for the questions mate but I am a bit confused about this. This was the hardest part of the whole upgrade. I already installed 4 Hertz speakers and the sound quality ent through the roof. However I want to add some actual bas sound to it too. And I am just not sure at all how to connect this sub to the standard head unit. I hope you understand where I am coming from. 

Thank you

I am glad you figured it out. Yes your amp can take audio straight from head units without line out - high input port. Everything is plug and play these days, so cut and splicing. As mentioned by Bob, Toyota have used a general standard to plug head units for a long time, for the power and speaker connections. The extra plugs for more advanced features have been added over time. I did my own little update when I got my Avensis, by adding my Bluetooth/USB adapter to get a lot of features.

Hope your upgrade works out. 

well I will get my sub tomorrow and I will try to test a connection from the door Speakers once I put the power cable and remote on. I hope it will work. Will update after. I am still not sure where to connect the remote cable but will see in the morning. Thank you guys

A rem line is a 12V ignition feed, I suggest you use a 1 amp fuse inline to protect it

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys I have finished the car and the sound is crystal clear 🙂 thank you for the help. 

if the power socket in the car is ignition controlled

then you could tap into this cable for the amp remote,

any ignition controlled cable will be ok to use

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links