Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav updates - free for first 3 years?

DavidF1940

My RAV4 was first registered in 2019 and used by dealer as a demonstration vehicle. I purchased it from them a few months ago. The dealer is being evasive about satnav map updates. Am I entitled to a free update as it is in the first 3 years?

David, yes they are free.  You can download them yourself.  Go to Mytoyota on your PC, log in and  then eStore. It says make sure your Satnav is registered. 

You should then be able to download the latest 2021v1 maps. 

Thanks.

I'm having some problems with My Toyota. I registered as owner but did not do the "configuration code" bit. When I have sorted this I hope to be able to proceed. 

5 minutes ago, DavidF1940 said:

Thanks.

I'm having some problems with My Toyota. I registered as owner but did not do the "configuration code" bit. When I have sorted this I hope to be able to proceed. 

Once you have done that second step, then you will see the estore. 

Remember to check on the unit which version you have already and remember if it ends in L or H. Then get the matching update.

Thanks.l do.

I didn't mention that, in trying to sort the My Toyota problem I had contacted them via the on-line chat. It was here that I was (a) advised to re-register my car as a second vehicle (this failed as the system rejected me as I had already registered it) and (b) told I was not entitled to a free satnav map upgrade. I am a little wary of the system now!

• 3 weeks later...

After a lot of trouble, and having had to get advice/clarification twice from My Toyoa customer service, I have managed to register my satnav, and "purchased" for free my update. I even have a (£0) receipt to prove it. However I cannot see how to actually get the download onto my desk top computer and into my usb stick. Can anyone help me on this last step please?

Log in, go to “e-store” .  At the top, click on “purchases” and then click on the down arrow alongside your recent purchase.  

You should see buttons to “download” and “installation instructions “ ……

png image.png

Thanks Graham. I tried this but simply got a message saying that I had no purchases! I tried it again just now, thinking perhaps that it might have taken time to get through the system, but got the same useless result.

image.thumb.png.8777c4e607ff605c20a0f65608a7dc58.png

TootaMapInvoice.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links