Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Android Auto installed. Can I get it fitted?

DavidF1940

There appears  be no Android Auto installed on my 2019 RAV4. Can I get it fitted? If not is there a way to get google maps, running on my phone, to route to my car satnav display. The words Miracast and MirrorLink come to mind but I don't know if my phone supports them.

Thanks 

Which RAV4 do you have? 4.4 (2013-2019) or 4.5 (2019 onwards)?

• 3 weeks later...

I have now established that the Android Auto IS installed and I have switched it on. I want to use Google maps on my in-car screen at least until I sort out my difficulties with updating the existing satnav map.. I have found the list of apps available for my Android Auto with tick boxes to select the ones I want. Google Maps is listed but has no tick box and I am unable to select this. (Google maps is installed on my phone). Can anyone help please?

1 hour ago, DavidF1940 said:

I have now established that the Android Auto IS installed and I have switched it on. I want to use Google maps on my in-car screen at least until I sort out my difficulties with updating the existing satnav map.. I have found the list of apps available for my Android Auto with tick boxes to select the ones I want. Google Maps is listed but has no tick box and I am unable to select this. (Google maps is installed on my phone). Can anyone help please?

You need to connect your phone to the USB port in front of the gear stick. Make sure in set-up that you select AndroidAuto instead of Toyota. Hope this helps.

Thanks. The phone was connected to USB port in the open tray just beneath the satnav screen. The system appeared to communicate with/via the phone but had this anomaly with google maps as described. I am at a loss I am afraid. Note that somewhere it says phone should be Android vers 6.1 or above and mine is 7.1, so this shpould be OK.

Ah, that is interesting. What do I have to do to actually make the car read the Google maps. Just select google maps on the phone? (I thought I had tried this but maybe not).

You need to find the Android Auto app on the Head Unit after connecting the phone via a USB cable to the USB on the car. Not sure with you car how that is achieved. Once that is done the phone will select the Google maps. It has to be connected via a cable.

Thanks. Silly question perhaps,  but what is Head Unit?

The navigation unit, radio system.  The USB will I guess be in the tray next to the gear stick?