Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice on wing mirror mechanism

Toyota Derek

Hi Everyone

I have a 2013 Avensis and the other day my driver side wing mirror was smashed so I purchased replacement glass. Unfortunately the motor mechanism was thrown out on impact, I'm having difficulty finding a schematic of the interior of the mirror in order to acquire the part because I'm not sure what it looks like. I'm wondering if it might be easier to just buy a whole new wing mirror. Any ideas.

Perhaps this site might help you for the part numbers:

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2013/avensis/

As a guide, a new one (complete, unpainted) from the dealers is likely around £350.  The  painted cover is available (unpainted) separately from Toyota (around £40-ish)

The cover will quite easily unclip (if it's reusable), for putting on a secondhand mirror. 

If buying secondhand, the wiring socket could be one of two different types, depending on if it electrically folds or not (well, it is on an Auris).  Worth bearing that in mind.

I have a strong suspicion the available parts from Toyota will simply be:-  mirror glass, painted cover, the rest of the mirror.  So your missing bits will have to come secondhand.  A picture of the damaged mirror mechanism might help here.

Perhaps someone can correct this if it's wrong?

23 minutes ago, Gerg said:

Perhaps this site might help you for the part numbers:

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2013/avensis/

As a guide, a new one (complete, unpainted) from the dealers is likely around £350.  The  painted cover is available (unpainted) separately from Toyota (around £40-ish)

The cover will quite easily unclip (if it's reusable), for putting on a secondhand mirror. 

If buying secondhand, the wiring socket could be one of two different types, depending on if it electrically folds or not (well, it is on an Auris).  Worth bearing that in mind.

I have a strong suspicion the available parts from Toyota will simply be:-  mirror glass, painted cover, the rest of the mirror.  So your missing bits will have to come secondhand.  A picture of the damaged mirror mechanism might help here.

Perhaps someone can correct this if it's wrong?

Thanks for the reply I'll check out the link thanks

....Also, on this forum, official Toyota dealer/forum member "Parts-King" might be able to offer a modest discount on a new genuine part, if you send him a private message of what you are after, with your reg. or VIN number included.