Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Yaris design no beeping while reversing

VanHiggy

Does anyone know if the 2021 yaris design (uk) is fitted with a reversing sensor that beeps? It has a reversing camera but does not beep when reversing up to the garage door or other cars. 

You will only get beeping if you have sensors in bumper. Camera only doesn’t give you audible warning. Some specs only have camera.

Not much use to OP, but French spec. Design, which is very similar to UK spec, the audible warnings for reverse come in an optional pack, that also includes the automatically folding mirrors and adjustable seat height for the passenger.

I misunderstood OP, I thought meant beeping like a truck when reversing !

I just trawled through the UK brochure, and it looks like the parking sensors are available with the Dynamic spec. and upwards.

Yup, although some dealers do offer to install rear ones even on Icon and Design, but I get the impression these are not tied into the car's computer like the proper ones in the city pack do (Which also display distance graphics on the MFD)

It's an option on the Dynamic known as the City pack, standard on the Excel, the Lunch edition get RCTA as standard no parking sensors

52 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's an option on the Dynamic known as the City pack, standard on the Excel, the Lunch edition get RCTA as standard no parking sensors

There is no RCTA on my Launch Edition Bob?

image.thumb.png.4ef4c3fdc5f12dfeb84a09b3f8a67989.png

(a fact which I was a bit miffed about after I got the car...)

Toyota list it as RCTB (rcta with braking)

From the August 2020 Yaris indd (price list)

1847073058_2020yarissafety.thumb.jpg.bb994c56e96c314799c15014149b9b25.jpg

11 hours ago, flash22 said:

Toyota list it as RCTB (rcta with braking)

From the August 2020 Yaris indd (price list)

1847073058_2020yarissafety.thumb.jpg.bb994c56e96c314799c15014149b9b25.jpg

I'm going to test for this tomorrow when the weather is a bit better because I still don't believe it is working on mine...

I can't find the pre-order spec's it may be the case it wasn't added to the early cars

the press archive may have something

• Like 1

I thought you needed Rear parking sensors to also have RCTA. RCTA uses parking sensors - I believe.

Just now, Starensis said:

I thought you needed Rear parking sensors to also have RCTA. RCTA uses parking sensors - I believe.

The RCTA & BSM use radar sensors hidden behind each rear bumper corner - one radar sensor fitted each side.

The RCTA & BSM systems have nothing to do with the rear parking sensors which would be visible in the rear bumper if the vehicle had rear parking sensors fitted.

On 10/1/2021 at 7:53 AM, Stopeter44 said:

I just trawled through the UK brochure, and it looks like the parking sensors are available with the Dynamic spec. and upwards.

In the UK parking sensors are standard fit on Excel & optional on the Dynamic if you pay for the optional City pack.

Factory fit parking sensors in the UK are not available on any other Yaris ( Apart from GR Yaris with convenience pack ) 

3 minutes ago, Starensis said:

As i learnt, the RCTB used 2 Quasi-milliwave sensors behind the rear bumper

@CPN remember this post

2 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

In the UK parking sensors are standard fit on Excel & optional on the Dynamic if you pay for the optional City pack.

Factory fit parking sensors in the UK are not available on any other Yaris ( Apart from GR Yaris with convenience pack ) 

See my post above

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 10:19 PM, CPN said:

I'm going to test for this tomorrow when the weather is a bit better because I still don't believe it is working on mine...

I tested this "RCTA with braking" yesterday on mine and nothing is happening on my 2020 Launch Edition?

554131442_2020yarissafety.jpg.6f33cb247b29cf9467121edefe598111.jpg

Not sure if I am testing correctly but we just used someone walking behind the stationary vehicle with "R" selected... No indication in the rear view camera picture at all...

@CPN I trawled through the MY20 and MY21 brochures the other day, and I'm pretty sure that "beeps" aren't available on the MY20 Yaris. The parking assist feature of the MY21 is what made me sit and wait (who know how long ... ?)

5 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

@CPN I trawled through the MY20 and MY21 brochures the other day, and I'm pretty sure that "beeps" aren't available on the MY20 Yaris. The parking assist feature of the MY21 is what made me sit and wait (who know how long ... ?)

It's not beeps during reversing that I am looking for? It is the Rear Cross Traffic Alert system warning (in the reversing camera view)?

Sorry, my bad. I had assumed it was audible warnings.