Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 changes?

Flatcoat

Are there any known changes on spec for 2022 model year PHEV or is it too newly launched to have any? If there are when would they be incorporated into build? 

Usually any spec changes for the forthcoming model year are announced in the fourth quarter - October to December. As regards incorporating into the  build of models, often around November.

I'm closing my eyes and ears to this 👀 🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Originally I got the impression from my dealer that there would be some changes but looking at the continued situation with 'chips' think it's unlikely to be anything other than maybe paint colours.  Only time will tell now and I don't suppose we will have long to wait to find out.  Unless they look to remove more stuff from the car, say the illuminated door switches, only joking....

• Haha 1

The media announcement of the Adventure grade includes the paragraph:

The new model also adopts detail changes that are being introduced across the RAV4 range for 2022, including new projector-type LED headlights and LED front fog lights. A new 10-spoke alloy wheel design will be introduced in bright silver or gloss black according to equipment grade. In the cabin the focus is on added comfort and convenience with new LED lighting, power adjustment for the front passenger seat, illuminated window control switches and new, USB-C ports suitable for charging phones and devices while on the move.

11 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

I'm closing my eyes and ears to this 👀 🤢

😂😂

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

The media announcement of the Adventure grade includes the paragraph:

Thanks I had forgotten about that. I did note there appears to be a blue I cannot recall seeing before available on some trim levels. I think the power passenger seat is only for Excel trim. The interior lighting upgrade is long overdue. I am now tracking my order and build so will keep the forum posted. The dilemma always was seeking out a car from stock or being patient for 3-4 months and potentially getting 2022 spec. The Toyota UK website doesn’t yet refer to any of the changes so let’s see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

Thanks I had forgotten about that. I did note there appears to be a blue I cannot recall seeing before available on some trim levels. I think the power passenger seat is only for Excel trim. The interior lighting upgrade is long overdue. I am now tracking my order and build so will keep the forum posted. The dilemma always was seeking out a car from stock or being patient for 3-4 months and potentially getting 2022 spec. The Toyota UK website doesn’t yet refer to any of the changes so let’s see what happens. 

Ah, yes, and ... nowhere does it refer to the PHEV so it may well refer to just the RAV4 HEV ordinaire. I note that the "Black Edition" has disappeared from the website and fully expect the "Adventure" grade to appear in it's place in due course, but I know precisely and absolutely nothing ... 😉

I also note that I have just now seen the October price list which reflects the website prices for the 2021 MY RAV4 Plug-in. There's a 2022 Proace Verso but otherwise they all seem to be 2020 or 2021 MY cars - i.e. there's no sign yet of the price uplifts that we should expect for 2022 MY cars ... 

The PHEV price drop was on the website 2 weeks ago however the Black edition was still there on Monday. Does appear Toyota UK are gradually updating for 2022MY specs. 

Mine is due mid January so is nothing more than a position in a computer queue at the moment so who knows what will show up. Knowing our lease provider they will source a cheap MY21 at the last minute! 

Is the newly announced Adventure model going to be like the TRD in North America ? Or just branding in the main, any one any ideas

28 minutes ago, SimB said:

Is the newly announced Adventure model going to be like the TRD in North America ? Or just branding in the main, any one any ideas

It sounds like a styling option from the announcement - nothing 'significant' changes ...

TRD….. Citroen used that Monica on early turbo diesel BX - fortunately the UK importer had the foresight to change to DTR for the UK market….. 

3 hours ago, SimB said:

Is the newly announced Adventure model going to be like the TRD in North America

The Adventure model continues the theme of having more rugged styling - just another trim level - started with the Yaris Cross Adventure and Corolla Cross Adventure, and so on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links