Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 Black Edition

JohnnyF

Hi All,

New to the forum and after some advice please.

I ordered a RAV4 Black Edition back on the 17th July with an anticipated delivery date of the 11th October. Due to the well known chip issues and so on this was put back to January initially and now February 2022 which in itself is a pain but not a great issue. However now the the model I have ordered has been discontinued I am finding it impossible to get a straight answer on whether or not my order will be honoured from my dealer. Is there anybody else on here in a similar position or with any knowledge of how Toyota treats this kind of thing? 

Thank you for any help in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Johnny, I also have a Rav4 Black Edition on order which I placed mid august and was told at the time expected delivery was December to January.

Unfortunately I can’t give you any more insight as I’ve Not had any further correspondence from the dealer since the day after I placed the order. I’m just assuming that once parts and capacity are available they will carry on with production, just that our lead time may be a little longer then previously expected.

Nice to know there’s another user with a black edition on order here though, I will be following this topic with interest 👍🏻

Interesting when I placed my order for my RAV, as I do with all my cars, I get an agreement to update me at least every 4 weeks regardless of the cars delivery status, I found that they have been willing to do this. 

The Black Edition has disappeared from the website so I suspect is no longer available to order - the dealers will know - but it still appears in the current (October) brochure and price list. I'd expect Toyota to honour existing orders - but again your dealer should know (or at least be able to find out) the current situation.

Rumour has it There is a high level meeting in Toyota UK on 27th to discuss prioritising outstanding orders across the range. Production of 2022MY year cars will start soon and it is known Toyota are still operating below capacity with some factories remaining closed or to be closed through November. I ordered my car almost 4 weeks ago (a Dynamic Premium PHEV) which shows on MyT as being in production. However it has shown that for over a week for a process that allegedly takes 15 hours….. Without wishing to be pessimistic I would be getting worried but don’t blame the dealers. In the current climate they are probably just as in the dark as you. 

The MyT app does say the production time is 15 hours but then it stays in that as you say for some time then moves on to left the factory but these take a couple of weeks or so, that was my experience. So nothing unusual in your tracking.

Had a factory build hybrid dynamic on order since 1st July still showing as processing on MyT, we went to dealer 2nd October and changed it for a PHEV Dynamic premium and this is still showing processing. did say the PHEV delivery would be January but standard was going to be November at first also so will wait and see.

Garage has left HEV on order as they will sell this on when it arrives so have 2 cars on order at the moment on MyT and no signs of a delivery date yet, glad yours shows in build so quick.

I too was told expect January delivery albeit could be December if lucky. could have had a Dynamic PHEV This month but wanting the ‘roof and happy to have the other baubles that come with the Premium kit (disappointly no surround camera though….).  

I think we all feel a bit in limbo at the moment. My Dynamic HEV + towbar + uprated sound system was ordered late September with an estimated delivery date of mid March. Searched and then ordered at my nearest dealer via Carwow which now happens to show my model as discontinued, which is a bit odd, although this might be due to the MY2021 & MY2022 model changeover happening soon. Toyota website also in transition as regards Rav4 brochure and price list as it shows as in state of update. I've emailed dealer and Toyota UK with query but had no response as yet. I guess we all knew it was going to be a lengthy wait given the current circumstances but frustrating nonetheless with very little info coming back. Probably, as was mentioned, the dealers are none the wiser, if Toyota are anything like Yamaha, as I experienced a few years ago with the purchase of a motorcycle. 

Ordered my Excel RAV4 2wd in indigo blue at the end of July and will be picking it up this week. There are no factory options, which might have made the order more straightforward. The MyT app showed order processing for several weeks, then being produced and shipped, arriving in the UK then Derby and finally to the dealer. There was a slight delay there, I think due to the number of cars coming through the workshop, but I wasn't in a rush so not worried. 

Ordered a 2wd Excel in Silver Blade with Premium and Protection plus pack a few weeks ago. My dealer says it will be delivered around March, I hope he is right as I cashed in on the increasing used prices and sold my previous 3 year old car a few weeks ago so we are down to one car and several push bikes!!!! 

I am a little confused over the whole refresh for 2022 though, what's changing?

From other posts on the subject and searching online it doesn't look like major changes, for the UK anyway. You'd almost call them 'tweaks'. It appears to vary depending on the country the vehicle is sold in too. 

New 'projector' style headlights. LED fog lights. Some changes to interior lighting. Possible improvements to infotainment system and extra USB charging ports. Different alloys depending on trim level. Not really anything that would bother me too much if my vehicle is a MY2021. 

To be honest me neither what I have chosen and specced is already a great choice for me

Waiting for an Excel HEV also in January. You get the impression a boat load is scheduled for Jan. As to what is on the boat and what isn't  by then - some of us could be pleased and some disappointed.

PS a bit jealous of the future Black Edition owners. it looks the boss!, I wanted one but it wasn't on our company lease providers list and they were not willing to add a special for me. 😞

Seems an odd turn of events when looking back at the (seemingly) glut of PHEV's and price drops just recently.

Strange times indeed.

Oh, Firecycle, you'll love the Silver Blade colour (odd name though).

• 1 month later...

I’ve had a call from then Toyota dealership in the last week or so giving me an update on the RAV4 Black Edition which I ordered in August, so thought I’d share incase there was anyone else here that hasn’t been updated yet.

Basically I was told that Toyota will be honouring all Black Edition orders, which would also have the upgraded LED fog lights / interior lights in line with then 22MY changes, however delivery is now likely to be around May rather than December which was originally forecast (I think the fact that it still says “processing order” on the MyT app was pretty obvious there wouldn’t be a December delivery 🤣).

Given the predictable response about microchip / part shortages causing increased lead times, but also that Toyota had apparently over subscribed orders for the Black Edition.

38 minutes ago, Ce1 said:

I’ve had a call from then Toyota dealership in the last week or so giving me an update on the RAV4 Black Edition which I ordered in August, so thought I’d share incase there was anyone else here that hasn’t been updated yet.

Basically I was told that Toyota will be honouring all Black Edition orders, which would also have the upgraded LED fog lights / interior lights in line with then 22MY changes, however delivery is now likely to be around May rather than December which was originally forecast (I think the fact that it still says “processing order” on the MyT app was pretty obvious there wouldn’t be a December delivery 🤣).

Given the predictable response about microchip / part shortages causing increased lead times, but also that Toyota had apparently over subscribed orders for the Black Edition.

That’s really interesting. I now have a Dynamic on order which has really been spec’d up by my dealer at no extra cost to me so will be watching developments with interest.

Just had the same call as above confirming I will get the “Black Edition” as ordered back in July and it is due into my dealer on 15th February so I can get on 1st March. Want to believe it but won’t until I see it in the flesh 😂

1 hour ago, JohnnyF said:

Just had the same call as above confirming I will get the “Black Edition” as ordered back in July and it is due into my dealer on 15th February so I can get on 1st March. Want to believe it but won’t until I see it in the flesh 😂

Around 3 months earlier than my dealers predicted date. Hopefully they were being conservative having only ordered a month before me, but again I won’t hold my breath. If I’m honest part of me is thinking if I had to wait until the end of Feb, they may as well hang on an extra couple of weeks and register it as a 22 reg at the start of March 😂

Are you going to stick with the Black Edition or the Dynamic they spec’d up for you?

3 hours ago, Ce1 said:

Around 3 months earlier than my dealers predicted date. Hopefully they were being conservative having only ordered a month before me, but again I won’t hold my breath. If I’m honest part of me is thinking if I had to wait until the end of Feb, they may as well hang on an extra couple of weeks and register it as a 22 reg at the start of March 😂

Are you going to stick with the Black Edition or the Dynamic they spec’d up for you?

Probably going for the Black Edition as my dealer has promised me an even better deal, getting it tomorrow 😀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links