Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Door Handle is Pointy and Hurts Leg

MarkThomas712

I bought 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid. The interior driver door handle is so bulging, hard, and sharp, that it hurts my leg leg resting against it. I've owned Corollas from 2005 to present, but nothing bad as this. 

Anyone else experience this issue? Does Toyota have an official parts fix, or cushion that fits perfectly over the handle. Or else, I will just buy some cheap foam tape and wrap. It will look ugly but works.

image.thumb.png.aad775cb0fefd8709b10f46a69f7fea6.png

Not an issue for a person of my height. Keeping in mind, I'm from the UK and have a right-hand drive car, like most members of this forum. For us, the foot closest to the door is the one working the pedals, so it's normally pretty well extended, unless we put the seat way too far forward.

The seat is on an incline, plus leg hits against the bottom edge portion of the handle; left foot sits against the lower left foot rest in the picture, I'm 5'8, 160, and couple of my friends are having same issue

In the second picture below, person has leg against pointy door handle (one used for closing door)

image.thumb.png.89d7dee804a61621f923c464d67aed16.png

image.thumb.png.6036a7c5fdbabccac4a0e87dac92cd98.png

Honestly I find the corolla door card and handle less intrusive than my previous auris. That said this is right hand drive and the left leg is against the flat centre console.

I've not personally had this issue but then again I have extra padding 😂

I also don't have this issue. Will check next time where my leg/knee lands on the door. 🙂

Just been out in mine and my leg is nowhere near the door handle

I checked it on mine. I also lean my left leg against it, but it doesn't bother me, to the point that I never noticed it before.
It looks like my leg leans on it at a different angle/position.

I think it depends on your height. I am 6ft 2ins and as a result need the drivers seat at it's lowest and steering wheel at full extension. I have no problems with the door closure handle in my R/H drive UK model. Unlike an earlier Auris 2l Diesel with a centre console that I had to pad with Neoprene tape because my left leg would rub the seam ofmy denims against it. Very painful, but perhaps neoprene self stick tape could be the answer to the original problem here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links