Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Oil for M20A-FXS

Bozz

Toyota just specify API grades - this is SP, the latest, so it's fine.

• Thanks 1

Should be fine for topping up. For oil changes, I would be inclined to buy the OE Toyota brand. You can get 5L for £40 if you shop around, which is as cheap as any other well-known brand.

Do not overfill with a hybrid, or else it can end up in the air intake.

You can probably get Toyota 0W-20 for around £40, but doubt whether you can get the 0W-16 used for the Corolla, etc that low. Even less chance the 0W-8 used for the Yaris.

8 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You can probably get Toyota 0W-20 for around £40, but doubt whether you can get the 0W-16 used for the Corolla, etc that low. Even less chance the 0W-8 used for the Yaris.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-TOYOTA-LEXUS-0W16-ENGINE-OIL-5L-MOTOR-OIL-HYBRID-ENGINE-OIL-08080-83889-/383718517636?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Besides the above, a few others are selling it at the same price. Pretty good value for that specification of oil,  if it is indeed manufactured by Mobil, as purported to be.

20 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-TOYOTA-LEXUS-0W16-ENGINE-OIL-5L-MOTOR-OIL-HYBRID-ENGINE-OIL-08080-83889-/383718517636?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Besides the above, a few others are selling it at the same price. Pretty good value for that specification of oil,  if it is indeed manufactured by Mobil, as purported to be.

Interesting thought. I wondered if it was a product from Rock Oil in Warrington, Cheshire. I can’t nail it down to them, just something I read with a slight link between the two.

4 hours ago, Catlover said:

Interesting thought. I wondered if it was a product from Rock Oil in Warrington, Cheshire. I can’t nail it down to them, just something I read with a slight link between the two.

To be honest, my information came from watching 'the car care nut' on YouTube. Although he may be right as far as the US market is concerned, the stuff we get here in Europe could be from a different supplier altogether.

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You can probably get Toyota 0W-20 for around £40, but doubt whether you can get the 0W-16 used for the Corolla, etc that low.

eBay has multiple listings for genuine Toyota 0W-16 5L oil for £39.99

19 hours ago, Gray86 said:

Has it used some oil? 

No the car hasn't been delivered yet but I always like to keep a litre on the shelf especially during running in. I'm hoping, like the Ford Ecoboosts I've run over the last 5 or 6 years that the oil useage between services will be negligible.  

2 hours ago, Bozz said:

No the car hasn't been delivered yet but I always like to keep a litre on the shelf especially during running in. I'm hoping, like the Ford Ecoboosts I've run over the last 5 or 6 years that the oil useage between services will be negligible.  

Hi, 

yes it’s suitable that oil for top up or full change, even 0w20 will be fine as both are very similar but I think you won’t need to top up. Just a yearly or 10k miles service in the dealer will be fine. But yes you can have a litre in the boot if this what you like 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links