Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol availability on major routes?

olddriver

I just wondered if anyone  has experience of what the petrol availability is like on major routes away from big towns and cities in the south and east of the country?

From what I've heard so far the south east is still pretty buggered compared to the rest of the country.

I can say north London is just as bad if not worse than last week - I suspect all the people who were holding off refueling when this kicked off are now having to refuel, and the panic buyers are still at it, as I've noticed a lot more queues backing up into side roads and such during the week, although supermarkets are using their car parks as queues so they're not spilling over into main roads so much now. I'm trying to avoid roads that have a petrol station and a bus route on them as they're always very congested due to the newly narrowed lanes for bike lanes mean busses have trouble getting around the queues.

Not really ventured out of London yet as I'm eeking out my tank as much as possible - Still got 15L left which should be good for 200-250 miles!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s really bad London and around, signs like No fuel at next services or Diesel only at service J14 & J15 on M1. are seen on daily basis. Mornings early there is fuel at most places but queues are long, and when there are no queues means there is no petrol. I would not recommend anyone travelling anywhere unless has a full tank or enough to make a return journey and if you see anywhere available and no long queues just top up. I had been looking through the night in most places in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, North London and nothing. I also believe that some garages simply follow orders to close at certain times to allow traffic flow otherwise will be a gridlock. ⚠️🔋 Petrol range anxiety 😥 

• Thanks 1

No queues in Rugby and garages with petrol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK in Portree and Broadford on the Isle of Skye.

22 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

OK in Portree and Broadford on the Isle of Skye.

Looking at the weather forecast, it looks like you’ve got/getting plenty of water too!

25 minutes ago, olddriver said:

Looking at the weather forecast, it looks like you’ve got/getting plenty of water too!

Yes it's been mildly moist this week, and quite torrential at times. But it hasn't stopped us getting out and about, and today has been OK. Returning to Brum next Sunday.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links