Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mud Flaps: HB vs Estate

Red_Corolla

I'm wondering if anyone has been here before and can offer the benefit of their wisdom?

Many weeks ago, I purchased an OE mud flap set ready to fit to my new Corolla Estate once it arrived. The description did not specify a particular shape, but the price was good, so I went ahead and bought them hoping they would fit with any shape.

Now that I have come to actually fitting them to the car, the fronts are fine, but the rear ones do not seem right at all for my estate. The fixing points inside the wheelarch are too low and the one underneath is not far enough inboard.

Please can anyone confirm that estates require a different shape and help me out with the part numbers that I need?

The kit I was sold is 53008-02050

LR flap is part 76626-02380

RR flap is part 76625-02380

Hopefully I can buy another kit with just the rears because I've gone ahead and used the front ones for my car. I think the ones I have are for HB, so if anyone needs a pair, shout up!

PS for anyone else doing this on a new car, take my advice and use the opportunity to remove & grease all your alloy wheels. Besides making access for fitting the flaps a lot easier, a thin smear of anti-seize over all the raw aluminium in the centre of the wheel will save them from becoming seized on during the first winter, but it never gets done during initial assembly.

26 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

Could it be that I needed 53008-02060?

The correct kit for the touring sport is 5300802060, the rear flap clips are in different places for the hb and ts

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

I'm wondering if anyone has been here before and can offer the benefit of their wisdom?

Many weeks ago, I purchased an OE mud flap set ready to fit to my new Corolla Estate once it arrived. The description did not specify a particular shape, but the price was good, so I went ahead and bought them hoping they would fit with any shape.

Now that I have come to actually fitting them to the car, the fronts are fine, but the rear ones do not seem right at all for my estate. The fixing points inside the wheelarch are too low and the one underneath is not far enough inboard.

Please can anyone confirm that estates require a different shape and help me out with the part numbers that I need?

The kit I was sold is 53008-02050

LR flap is part 76626-02380

RR flap is part 76625-02380

Hopefully I can buy another kit with just the rears because I've gone ahead and used the front ones for my car. I think the ones I have are for HB, so if anyone needs a pair, shout up!

PS for anyone else doing this on a new car, take my advice and use the opportunity to remove & grease all your alloy wheels. Besides making access for fitting the flaps a lot easier, a thin smear of anti-seize over all the raw aluminium in the centre of the wheel will save them from becoming seized on during the first winter, but it never gets done during initial assembly.

The exact opposite to me then! I bought a genuine Toyota set online that were guaranteed to fit my hatchback .. they didn't!

Returned, got a refund and bought them cheaper from a main dealer! They fit as well!

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

I'll buy the TS kit for the rears, leaving me with one complete set for HB to resell :blush:

• Like 1

Just checked my bill for the mudflaps fitted to my TS and it is T53008 - 02060. £45.71 inc. VAT.

• Like 1