Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keyless entry on Design trim

Red_Corolla

For the past week, I've been operating the locks on my Corolla TS Design using the fob because my understanding was that only Excel trim gets keyless. Today, I noticed some grooves on the door handle with a bit of wax trapped in them - I touch the grooves to remove the wax and discover that the car does indeed have keyless entry via the front doors!

Does anyone else have a Design with keyless entry? I'm wondering if this pleasant surprise is down to a spec update or just a misunderstanding on my part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red_Corolla said:

For the past week, I've been operating the locks on my Corolla TS Design using the fob because my understanding was that only Excel trim gets keyless. Today, I noticed some grooves on the door handle with a bit of wax trapped in them - I touch the grooves to remove the wax and discover that the car does indeed have keyless entry via the front doors!

Does anyone else have a Design with keyless entry? I'm wondering if this pleasant surprise is down to a spec update or just a misunderstanding on my part.

Yes my dealer advised me that my design spec ST would come with keyless entry. 

• Like 1

My 21 design ts does not have keyless entry, didn't know it was an option on the design

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavidTC said:

My 21 design ts does not have keyless entry, didn't know it was an option on the design

Mine has not been delivered yet so I guess keyless entry is on the 2021.5 or 2022 model year design

I guess I'll find out for certain in a couple of weeks.

Not that I want it particularly

28 minutes ago, DavidTC said:

I don't think it was. When I placed my order, I'm pretty sure the only way to get it was to go up to Excel. Had it been an optional extra, I wouldn't have bothered with it.

I had keyless on my old Skoda, and the opinion I formed was that it's nice to have, but not worth paying extra for. It was a nice thing when I was using the car for personal reasons and just wanted to jump in without putting anything in the boot first. Other times, I tended to want to open the tailgate first to load my work bag, so I just used the fob.

BUT.....on the Corolla, I've now discovered that the keyless works at the tailgate too! This makes the feature much more useful to me and it's a very nice surprise after not expecting to have it! :biggrin:

• Like 1

5 Now if they had a multi purpose keyless system that would open my garage door as I approached, close it and arm the alarm as I drove away and reversed it when I returned. 

It would also incorporate a lost key alarm 😆

• Haha 1

My 70 plate (nov 20) Design TS doesn't’ have it (it’s a MY21 model too) - or at least not that I can see.

can you upload a photo of your door handles?  

ignore what the brochure says, as it’s often wrong - you get LED boot lights on Design TS, which the brochure doesn’t show

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

My 70 plate (nov 20) Design TS doesn't’ have it (it’s a MY21 model too) - or at least not that I can see.

can you upload a photo of your door handles?  

Sure. The two grooves are where you touch to lock the car. On the tailgate, there's a small button just to the right of the main release.

IMG-1844.jpg

• Like 2

I thought it was always the case that if you had a Start button you automatically had keyless entry, and if you had a key ignition you didn't?

In May 2021 there was a MY21.5 announced and for builds from May 21 and sales from June 21 Icon tech, Design & GR sport models gained Keyless entry along with a £230 price increase, depending on stock it is possible that deliveries fron June 21 still included earlier MY 21 cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I thought it was always the case that if you had a Start button you automatically had keyless entry, and if you had a key ignition you didn't?

Not always it is possible to have keyless ignition but not keyless entry depending on model & Spec

Interesting! I didn't know that! Would have preferred that combination personally as I've never been a huge fan of keyless entry for security reasons, but if I disable it on mine, it disables the keyless start too! :sad: 

That is a shame, would like to disable it myself for the same reasons, but would like to start the car. On the Audi I have, I can turn off keyless entry, but retain keyless start. Will continue to use my Faraday bag then.

Keyless is one of the best extras from Toyota and push button start, super useful imo. along with folding mirrors and auto dim rear view mirror plus reversing camera, all of these are part of my daily life and kind of signature from Toyota brand, they surely should include in all their models. 👍🚗

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

In May 2021 there was a MY21.5 announced and for builds from May 21 and sales from June 21 Icon tech, Design & GR sport models gained Keyless entry along with a £230 price increase, depending on stock it is possible that deliveries fron June 21 still included earlier MY 21 cars.

I see the price of the GR Sport TS 2.0 has risen again, up about £370, do you know if they have added more spec to it? 

I thought Toyota have always called it smart entry and start keyless is with the fob as you don’t have to actually use a key to get into the vehicle?

also bear in mind that by touching the door handle to lock the vehicle the key fob is still emitting a signal which thieves could use the right equipment to gain entry to the vehicle and steal it by pressing and holding the lock button on the remote then pressing the un lock button twice you will disable the remote led flashes 4 times ( called Battery saving mode) then once you unlock the car again remote reverts to normal operation.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 4:06 PM, Bozz said:

Mine has not been delivered yet so I guess keyless entry is on the 2021.5 or 2022 model year design

I guess I'll find out for certain in a couple of weeks.

Not that I want it particularly

It does have keyless entry 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links