Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

toyota yaris hybrid 2021 fuel consumption with full tank, how much miles ?

JanisLP

Hello to everyone, my one reaches 400 miles now and this gets with 30 liters petrol,now is empty fuel lamp on,but there still is 6 liters reserved. How much miles gets your yaris,please ? !!!  

My manual states I've got a 40 litre tank. I usually only get 32 litres in when the light comes on. I once put a 5 litre can of petrol in the boot to determine how far it would go on 'empty'. One dark, wet Sunday night, I got to over 40 miles with the light on before I chickened out. I was heading to a dual carriageway and didn't fancy standing beside the car pouring petrol in. It took 36 litres!

• Like 2

Usually on fill up it's about 436 miles 

Best has been 77.7mpg for a tank  most are about 73/75 mpg 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

My manual states I've got a 40 litre tank. I usually only get 32 litres in when the light comes on. I once put a 5 litre can of petrol in the boot to determine how far it would go on 'empty'. One dark, wet Sunday night, I got to over 40 miles with the light on before I chickened out. I was heading to a dual carriageway and didn't fancy standing beside the car pouring petrol in. It took 36 litres!

yap,but im about 2021 hybrid,automatic gears, and its full tank 36 litres. 

6 minutes ago, Malcster said:

Usually on fill up it's about 436 miles 

Best has been 77.7mpg for a tank  most are about 73/75 mpg 

yes ,thats cool sounding, if driving very carefully i think we can reach even 500 miles, but im like drive normal,we need power mode a lots and result is 400 miles, i hope its good result ? and usually my dash showing 65 miles per gallon. 

I wouldn’t recommend to any hybrid owner running dry your tank. Always refuel well before the reserve as running out of petrol completely can bring more trouble. 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I wouldn’t recommend to any hybrid owner running dry your tank. Always refuel well before the reserve as running out of petrol completely can bring more trouble. 👍

yes i know,on bottom can be more dirty rubbish. , but always try to not use reserved amount and just in case all cars have filters. 

7 minutes ago, JanisLP said:

yes i know,on bottom can be more dirty rubbish. , but always try to not use reserved amount and just in case all cars have filters. 

My goodness, I'm mortified, my car is 13 years old and I always run it to the bottom before filling up.  The affects to my fuel must be catastrophic. 

I'm off to Toyota tomorrow to have them strip down and thoroughly clean out the whole fuel system. 

1 hour ago, bathtub tom said:

I think my Corolla has a 42ltr tank, same as you, I had the low light on for 30 minutes, chickened out and put in 5ltr of expensive E10 then topped up a few miles later. 35ltr total. 

10 minutes ago, Stivino said:

My goodness, I'm mortified, my car is 13 years old and I always run it to the bottom before filling up.  The affects to my fuel must be catastrophic. 

I'm off to Toyota tomorrow to have them strip down and thoroughly clean out the whole fuel system. 

Well I did not meant that at all., for some reason is a wide spread myth. The problem with Toyota hybrids and running out of petrol completely is that if you do so you may drain your hybrid Battery too and then after you refuel you won’t be able to start the engine since your hybrid Battery will be discharged, you don’t have a plug to recharge it and you will end up towing your car to the dealer. Meanwhile you may drain completely your small 12v Battery too and just because you let your car without fuel can cost you a replacement batteries. All hybrid owners can decide for themselves if it’s worth the risk. 👍

• Like 2

The latest Yaris has 36ltr tank, Corolla and Prius has 42ltr . I have also 42ltr in older Auris and the lowest I went was down to 2ltr in the tank if I can trust the garage pump that filled up 40ltr. I also done driving in negative, probably 20 miles or so while the range displays 0 remaining, and low fuel warning on dash , very uncomfortable feeling and I won’t be looking to do again. 

31 minutes ago, Stivino said:

yes,have an good luck men,all cars on bottom in fuel tank collects dirt's. 

the japanese are crazy 🙂
capacity 36 liters of fuel tank
at Low fuel level warning light - I refuel a maximum of 26 liters
at the warning message refuel immediately - shows 0 km - I refue a maximum of 28 liters
the 200 km reserve is said to be normal for the Japanese 😄

Is it really 36?? When I ran mine down low enough that it was telling me to refuel (Literally telling me to in the MFD!), I swear I only got 28L in so I assumed it was maybe 30-32L!! That's one heck of a reserve if it is that big! :laugh: 

I was averaging just under 500 miles per tank, although it has been going down lately (Not sure if E10 or cooler temps, maybe both!). Was averaging low 80's in the summer, even with the AC on!!

• Like 1

Tony,

I thought Stivino's comment was sardonic humour, though thank you for the advice regarding running out of fuel.  That is most informative. 

While Janis is right, there will always be sediment on the bottom of the tank, the fuel inlet will probably have a filter and not rest entirely on the bottom. A bigger risk might be water at the bottom. 

One thing that worries me with the Corolla, I see the estimated range to go with all the usual displays in the centre then Bang! the fuel low light is on. Mindful of Tony's advice I can see it is urgent and I need to refuel anywhere between 60 and a 100 miles depending on my consumption. My concern is the estimated miles to go disappears. 

Can I get the miles to empty back? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Tony,

I thought Stivino's comment was sardonic humour, though thank you for the advice regarding running out of fuel.  That is most informative. 

While Janis is right, there will always be sediment on the bottom of the tank, the fuel inlet will probably have a filter and not rest entirely on the bottom. A bigger risk might be water at the bottom. 

One thing that worries me with the Corolla, I see the estimated range to go with all the usual displays in the centre then Bang! the fuel low light is on. Mindful of Tony's advice I can see it is urgent and I need to refuel anywhere between 60 and a 100 miles depending on my consumption. My concern is the estimated miles to go disappears. 

Can I get the miles to empty back? 

Hi Roy,  

you should be able get back the remaining mileage on display, there should be an option to switch between daily mileage, total mileage and remaining range in the car menu, unfortunately I have no Corolla and I don’t know the car’s functions exactly. Hopefully someone else with Corolla will help. 👍 

• Like 1

If of any help, in my Prius it is the trip button that scrolls through to “miles to go” as Roy calls it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cyker said:

Is it really 36?? When I ran mine down low enough that it was telling me to refuel (Literally telling me to in the MFD!), I swear I only got 28L in so I assumed it was maybe 30-32L!! That's one heck of a reserve if it is that big! :laugh: 

I was averaging just under 500 miles per tank, although it has been going down lately (Not sure if E10 or cooler temps, maybe both!). Was averaging low 80's in the summer, even with the AC on!!

for Czech Yaris 2020 Hybrid yes

for the Yaris 2020 Hybrid in EN countries there is an even larger fuel tank

obrázek_2021-10-04_095104.png

yaris_en.PNG

Thank you Tony and Cat.  I will bear that in mind as in 9,000 miles I have only got fuel low twice.  In normal driving I just top up with 10-15 ltr from about half. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dala said:

for Czech Yaris 2020 Hybrid yes

for the Yaris 2020 Hybrid in EN countries there is an even larger fuel tank

obrázek_2021-10-04_095104.png

yaris_en.PNG

Are you sure you have the right English language manual, because :

SpecsScreenShot.pdfSpecsScreenShot.pdf

The larger tank is for the petrol versions, according to the French Brochure and according to the English language Manual for the non hybrid Yaris.

• Like 1

All of the Yaris Hybrid models are 36 litres.

According to the owners manual fuel tank capacity is 33 litres for models without a rear wiper, and 36 litres for models with a rear wiper.

The reserve (when the low fuel warning light comes on) is 5.0 litres for the 33 litre tank, and 5.4 litres for models with the 36 litre tank.

• Thanks 1

Just a generic point to note: most people in this thread seem to be taking the fuel consumption readings/calculations shown on the dashboard as being "gospel" and therefore accurate? They are not!

In the UK (and I believe in most other countries too) by law, the speedometer is required to overread by at least 10% at 30 mph (so indicated 33 actually equals 30 mph - 50 kph actually equals 45 kph). Of course, this permeates through to all the fuel consumption calculations also so when you see that the car (in the UK) has done, say, 60 mpg at the end of your journey, the real figure will probably be closer to 55 mpg...

There is only one truly accurate way to measure what fuel consumption your car is doing (and even then, you are relying on an accurate odometer reading) and that is to fill the car "neck to neck" (and I do mean "neck" ignoring all the pump stoppages until you can see the fuel settled at the brim) on fill-ups and do the maths yourself based on how many litres you got into the tank and how many miles/kilometers you did between...

16 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

According to the owners manual fuel tank capacity is 33 litres for models without a rear wiper, and 36 litres for models with a rear wiper.

I am struggling to understand just why the addition of a rear wiper would need/allow an extra 3 litres capacity in the fuel tank! 🤪I really don't see how the two things are interrelated at all! Extra weight maybe? Is there a grade of Yaris that is without a rear wiper?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CPN said:

Is there a grade of Yaris that is without a rear wiper?

Could be in some countries or if a van version of the Yaris is available  - eg the van version of the 3rd generation:

image.thumb.png.c6c15f39d5f5e28bd6bf3051b056ca54.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links