Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New forum suggestion

satts67

Can we start a new forum for PHEV's and EV's as most of this forum is full of that now?

• Like 2

We used to have a forum for the 'Prius and hybrids', but as Toyota introduced other hybrids such as the Auris and Yaris, some members weren't sure whether to post in the Auris, Yaris or hybrid forums. So the clubs were changed to reflect just the models rather than having a separate club for hybrids. Aside from the above, Toyota, certainly in the UK, has moved towards having the majority of the range being hybrids.

We could have a sub-forum to the RAV4 club, for the RAV4 PHEV, but there may be topics raised that would be applicable for both the hybrid and the PHEV - so which forum or sub-forum would members post in?

Additionally, some members just visit the appropriate club or sub-forum for the model they have - so may not see topics which would actually be of interest.

Toyota haven't introduced any EVs into the European market as yet - unlike the Chinese market - so a forum for Toyota EVs would be little used at present. The first EV for Europe will probably be the BZ4 - the first of the BZ series due in 2022(?)  - so we will probably have a separate club for either the BZ or the BZ4, etc, depending what the production model/s are called.

• Like 1

You could say the same for any of the forums.  Just skip the posts that don't apply.

• Like 1

If someone posting thinks that the topic they are asking only relates to the PHEV or even EV then maybe head the subject PHEV - XXXXXX etc. Pesonally I'm happy to read all the posts and skip those that I'm unable to make a contribution or don't apply.

• Like 2

This is the RAV4 section of the Toyota Owners Club so we should evict the RAV4 PHEV since Toyota market it as a different model, and ban all the company car drivers since they aren't 'owners' ... 🤣

Seriously though, there aren't enough PHEVs to warrant a separate section and they are still RAV4s, and I guess that we can grudgingly accept the company car crew as long as they promise to behave.

It would be 'good' if threads could remain more or less on the topic of RAV4s though ... 😉

• Haha 2

I am on a forum for caravans that is so complicated with sub sections most people end up posting under Caravans or tow cars and let the moderators sort it out. Why not have a diesel and petrol section? Front wheel drive and 4wd sections? One for each colour? Leave it as it is at least for now. 

You have to look at forums as a bit like being down the pub, opinions run high and conversations drift and it's hard to tie them down,.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ernieb said:

If someone posting thinks that the topic they are asking only relates to the PHEV or even EV then maybe head the subject PHEV - XXXXXX etc. Pesonally I'm happy to read all the posts and skip those that I'm unable to make a contribution or don't apply.

I try to do that then non PHEVites can just ignore it. But as Frosty says sometimes there's a bit of crossover chat which is useful.