Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

After market cruise control not lighting up lights on dash t27 2010

highbeam

Hello,

I'm buing a car, that I think had retro fit cruise control. It works just fine, it turns on, i can set speed and get back to set speed and adjust set speed. I just don't have any light at the dash. I have seen someone having a separate led for it, but this car had none. Would the dash lights be able to turn on from techstream or wire a new led for it, or leds if I can get ON and SET lights for it?

My car has cc installed afterwards and doesn't show lights when activated. I have driven Toyota Lexus for years so I can control it fine without lights. Not sure if you can install the on off light like it came out of the factory

24 minutes ago, TOYOpeter said:

My car has cc installed afterwards and doesn't show lights when activated. I have driven Toyota Lexus for years so I can control it fine without lights. Not sure if you can install the on off light like it came out of the factory

I can use it without major trouble but still would like to have the light, just to know if it's on. Local Toyota service said that it's ecruise which is after market but had been installed by official Toyota here. It has separate led available to purchase for ~25€ but all I would need is the installation instructions they say that it's only a led with plus and minus cable.

Cruise control is one of the things I was not fussed about, but it's nice to have. When I bought my car second hand, I checked the equipment level and the TR spec was the best to go for, so ignored the T2, which misses so much for me. I have the original brochure in PDF form so I knew what I was getting. I did add a couple of thing missing, because I have the standard stereo (no navigation and reverse camera). I added a Bluetooth/USB adapter so get a better infotainment and navigation via my phone, and a Fresnel lens at the rear window. The thing I am missing is folding mirrors, but that is minor for me. I rather the cruise control be standard, because it is so integrated to the car for safety reasons, plus all the cruise control indication light functions. 
The car has to exception condition for me to buy it in a lower spec! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links