Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lift point rust

Tomv

I have found out, that the paint on the  four lift points under the sill is scuffed and there is some surface rust. 

Those lift points are made of some solid metal and I suppose they are designed to be rusty , since the paint is scuffed almost each time the car is lifted. I'm probably nitpicking here , but should I get it painted or it's ok to keep it this way?

You will feel better when it’s painted I reckon 😀

probably yes, but the lazy part of me would appreciate assurance, that rust is ok at this place. 🙂 

14 minutes ago, Tomv said:

probably yes, but the lazy part of me would appreciate assurance, that rust is ok at this place. 🙂 

Rust is never ok at any place😡. Clean it and paint it. And next time you or your mechanic has to use the lift ensure that a thick rubber pad is used to protect the metal. Failing that you can use a small square of softwood of even a thick cloth rag.

I use hockey pucks and they are good, although sometimes damage can happen even with them, but less likely. There are also available specifically made pucks too. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6cm-Classic-Car-Rubber-Jacking-Pad-block-Tool-Hockey-Puck-Jack-Pad-Adapter-UK-/164127813333?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

for the rust on these places not a big deal since most cars are damaged around these areas from garage visits, mot , tyre shops etc,. Probably the car will get rusted in other places faster than these ones from driving on salty roads in winter. 👍

20 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

for the rust on these places not a big deal since most cars are damaged around these areas from garage visits, mot , tyre shops etc,. Probably the car will get rusted in other places faster than these ones from driving on salty roads in winter. 👍

that's what I wanted to hear 🙂 

On new Corolla these points are kind of reinforced. It is not just metal sheet but more like "L" shaped metal hinge. So I thing, that Toyota found out that it could be week spot and made it this way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tomv said:

that's what I wanted to hear 🙂 

On new Corolla these points are kind of reinforced. It is not just metal sheet but more like "L" shaped metal hinge. So I thing, that Toyota found out that it could be week spot and made it this way.

New Corollas also have proper trolley jacking points front & rear, which is rare these days and nice of them to consider those of us who have invested in a decent jack :cool: The more comprehensive online version of the owners manual shows where they are.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links