Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is it possible to buy a new wiper arm spring?

Mikes1992u

My wiper blade doesn't have enough pressure and some water manages to glide under the blade when it's wiping. I think my only option is to either fit an entire wiper arm assembly or just replace the spring but I don't seem to be able to find them to buy anywhere. Does anybody know what spring I might need?

Try lubricating your existing spring with wd40 or similar first.  Don't get any on the rubber or the glass tho.

It's a new arm job, front or rear ?, an old/cheap/worn wiper blade will have the same effect - standard blades are cheap

Arm

85211-0H010

wiper

Toyota  85212-0H010

Denso DM-565 or DUR-065R

Bosch 651U, Bosch SP26 or Bosch AR650S

• Like 1

Had this problem on a Lexus once and the cure via a Lexus Tech was to slightly bend the wiper arm which helped clear better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stormchaser said:

Had this problem on a Lexus once and the cure via a Lexus Tech was to slightly bend the wiper arm which helped clear better.

Yep, I done that, not too much though, do a little then test on a rainy day, and tweak again if needed.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:40 PM, Mikes1992u said:

My wiper blade doesn't have enough pressure and some water manages to glide under the blade when it's wiping. I think my only option is to either fit an entire wiper arm assembly or just replace the spring but I don't seem to be able to find them to buy anywhere. Does anybody know what spring I might need?

Mine does this when crap gets trapped on the blade surface. Try wiping a cloth dipped in warm water (with some washing up liquid) along the length of the blade.

Also, fit a good quality wiper blade if you haven't already. I use one of those Bosch Aerotwin jobbies, which was fitted about 4 years ago and has been excellent at clearing the screen without squeaks or smears.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:02 PM, Stormchaser said:

I was wondering if I could take the wiper arm off and twist the spring 360° to shorten it. It's nothing to do with the wiper blade, I use a PIAA blade as they make the windscreen hydrophobic, so most of the water left behind runs straight off. I think the cause of the issues is that there's not enough force on the wiper blade to overcome the natural springiness of the Wiper Blades curve.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links