Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you fit a dump valve on a Toyota Avensis 2.2 d4d d-cat t180

Matty68

Hi there peeps just a quick one any ideas on fitting a dump valve on a Toyota Avensis 2.2 d4d d-cat t180? Am not looking for power as I know it won’t benefit any increase just love the sound that’s all 😂😂😂😂

iirc it has a recirculating type as part of the pipe work, you will be lucky to hear it over the death hammer of a diesel a decent valve will not be cheap either as you will need a controller and solenoid as it doesn't have an engine generated vacuum like a petrol turbo engine nor a throttle body

you be lucky to see change out of £200-400

eg. https://www.turbosmart.com/product/bov-controller-kit-kompact-bov-black/

Eh that's interesting... I didn't think a dump valve would work with a diesel engine since they don't have intake throttles like petrol engines!

18 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Eh that's interesting... I didn't think a dump valve would work with a diesel engine since they don't have intake throttles like petrol engines!

They don't 'work' on a diesel in the sense that they don't actually do anything useful, but you apparently can get ones to fit on diesel to make a dump valve type noise if that's what floats your boat 😄

Ahh I see...  I wonder if there's a kit to give it pops and bangs too?? :laugh: