Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mats

rogersp

Hi

I got my Corolla TS about a year ago and am pleased with the car as it does everything I want with one exception.

The car mats fitted Thant came with the car are pants and look cheap so am considering replacements. Two questions:

The free mats Mr T includes are these a cheap version they give away and if I buy genuine Mr T mats I’ll get a different quality?

who make the best after market car mats for the money? In the past I’ve bought cheap mats that were great and expensive ones that were cr*p!

any suggestions and opinions will be gratefully received

Thanks

If it's carpet mats you're talking about I think that's it, AFAIK they don't to different quality versions, except maybe when you get special edition ones for certain higher grade models. They sometimes do rubber mats for some models as an optional extra tho; I got them as part of the protection pack with my Yaris and really like them as they have a lip for catching liquids such as water from wet boots. Would have been much cheaper to get some third-party eBay ones but I guess the car is too new as I hadn't seen any for sale yet!

I find they are adequate but i got some toyota rubber mats for the front and rear which i think will wear better.

I found that the standard mats in my 2019 Corolla on the drive side had worn away on the back where i sent to rest my right foot.

• Like 1

\are you after fabric carpets or rubber.?  Ihave a Prius Excel but very happy with rubber mats off eBay at £26 for a set, front and rear. As there is no prop shaft tunnel the rear is one piece that goes door to door and over the centre too. Very practical in English wet weather, easy to clean

• Like 1

Toyota used to sell just the driver's mat for some models due to that side having the heaviest wear - may be worth checking with your dealer.

• Like 1

Topics merged.

• Like 1

I got the protection pack that came with a set of rubber mats and boot liner.  I swapped out the 'premium' carpets when I picked the car up and fitted the rubber ones as my first job (the second was switching to the digital speedo and turning lane trace off).  I'm a bit OCD about the muck and grime that gets ground into the carpets, so the rubber mats are a must for me.  

• Like 1

I always go for rubber mats, carpet ones soon get scruffy especially during the winter months.

The OEM ones I got for the Corolla are reasonably good quality and the drivers one anchors to the floor to prevent slide.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

I always go for rubber mats, carpet ones soon get scruffy especially during the winter months.

The OEM ones I got for the Corolla are reasonably good quality and the drivers one anchors to the floor to prevent slide.

For the drivers side, it is now an MOT failure if the mats are loose, so, like yours, they have to be anchored to the floor.  A loose mat could get under the brake pedal or otherwise affect the control of the vehicle.

• Like 2

I treated my car to Diamond car mats when I got the car in 2019, and have been very pleased. Protects the carpet, which is still brand new underneath, and the mats have not worn at all.

You have to completely replace the carpet / Toyota mat on the drivers side as it needs to fix securely, but on the passenger side I just installed them over the existing passenger mat. Make sure you order the HYBRID set. They did not do a HYBRID set when I bought them, so I did have to cut the back mat set so the mat did not cover the Hybrid Battery cooling vents!

https://www.diamondcarmats.com

• Like 1