Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Delivery and 2022MY rumours.

Flatcoat

From a RAV4 Facebook source I am told that Toyota UK have a meeting on 27th to review and reschedule existing vehicle orders. Now my guess this is as much to do with the change over to 2022MY spec production and final build of the Black Edition which is now dropped as much as it is a parts supply issue. Apparently Toyota in the US did something similar a few weeks ago leaving some customers waiting even longer for their cars. I cannot see it affecting PHEV orders as much due in part to its very recent launch and need to get PHEV sales to help meet corporate fleet CO2 targets. Any other news of this? 

Someone who works for Toyota might know for sure regarding UK RAV4 facelift. However, Australian market gets the facelift in 2022 and manufacturing starts in December 2021. If you take into account that Australia gets hybrid RAV4 from Japan, one can assume the same timescale for the UK.

My dealer claims no knowledge. The UK facelift will be available to order ‘later in the year’ for delivery from March 2022 onwards. HEV orders are already quoting March delivery albeit some PHEV versions are available within a few weeks. 

From past experience of buying Toyotas, etc, dealers won't know the details of updated specs of refreshed models (refresh doesn't necessarily mean facelift) until shortly before the updates are announced. Same goes for offers on new vehicles - the offers run in quarterly cycles, so, for example, the dealers won't know til the end of September, what offers there may be for the October-December quarter.

According to Toyota Europe deliveries of the refreshed Rav4 will commence in the first quarter of 2022.

The RAV updates are known and in the press. The finance offers seem to have continued into October - at least for the RAV. It is more about when orders can be placed and the production/factory change over date for implementing 2022 spec features into the build. 

I've messaged my dealer on the subject for some information to find out what's going on. I ordered a SC hybrid (Dynamic trim) at the end of September with an estimated delivery in the middle of March. A vague mention of an update coming at some point. Looking at the info coming through on changes doesn't bother me unduly. It's a pretty impressive vehicle as it is. The changeover from current model in production to update version is going to happen sometime. I'm not expecting any news on the build of my vehicle until the new year. Will it be current or new spec? I'm not sure. I'm expecting current model. New spec would be a plus, but there's likely be a hike in price and I can't see how that would work having ordered and placed a deposit, but a further delay because of production changeover not so good

13 hours ago, Yam16 said:

I've messaged my dealer on the subject for some information to find out what's going on. I ordered a SC hybrid (Dynamic trim) at the end of September with an estimated delivery in the middle of March. A vague mention of an update coming at some point. Looking at the info coming through on changes doesn't bother me unduly. It's a pretty impressive vehicle as it is. The changeover from current model in production to update version is going to happen sometime. I'm not expecting any news on the build of my vehicle until the new year. Will it be current or new spec? I'm not sure. I'm expecting current model. New spec would be a plus, but there's likely be a hike in price and I can't see how that would work having ordered and placed a deposit, but a further delay because of production changeover not so good

That would depend on the contract which has been signed.

36 minutes ago, Catlover said:

That would depend on the contract which has been signed.

I think Toyota will have that covered in the small print to their benefit, as will all car manufacturers. However when Toyota dropped the price of the RAV PHEV last month they applied it retrospectively to all orders already signed and deliveries from 1st September. 

Adrian, I was making a point of consideration for the benefit of CHRIS (Yam16). He made the statement “I can’t see how that would work” so I was referring him to the contract he signed.           

Realise that, when I copied your reply it missed of the original section! It’s all in the small print…… 

Thanks for the reply everybody. 

Standard contract reads that the purchaser has the right to make changes. On a new car it depends on how far through the manufacturing process the vehicle is. The possibility of making the change depends on the type of change. The possibility of a change in the price and alteration of delivery time is also indicated if this were to happen. 

The next clause indicates that the seller/Toyota may change the product, (i) to reflect changes in law and regulations to meet requirements, (ii) for new cars where the model year specification has changed, (iii) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. 

No response from my dealer yet. I'll let you know if/when I do. I know from some of the posts from other members, who have placed orders around this time, wonder whether the model they have ordered will be current or new spec. 

My question to the dealer was that if the build date of some of these new car orders coincides with the 'refinements' change, where do I and others stand. 

When Volvo had more orders for their 21MY cars than they could meet before 22MY build started, they simply cancelled them. The customers were offered a 22MY car - often with a lower spec due to semiconductor issues. Hyundai are an example where many of their options are currently simply not available to order. My car is now in build so unlikely to have any spec updates. A colleague of mine ordered a RAV4 2wd HEV early September with a November delivery date. He is off work now so no idea if it is still on track. Up until a couple of weeks ago it was possible to get a Dynamic trim PHEV for October delivery so there must have been a shipment recently docked. 

A double edged sword being a country that drives on the left I suppose. If Japanese demand is high does that compromise UK availability? And conversely if it is weak?

Are Australia & New Zealand the only other significant markets for RHD vehicles?

Er, no - just looked it up - India as well. 

I ordered my Excel RAV4 2wd at the end of July, it arrived at the dealers today. Can't wait to pick it up. 

• Like 1

What about South Africa too for RHD? The RAV is the bestselling car in Aussie land.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links