Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Falken tyres improved?

nielshm

TPMS has only ever worked well for me. My previous car - Honda Jazz - used the cheaper method of measuring wheel rotation speeds via the ABS sensors rather than pressures. Other owners had issues but the only time mine went off turned out to be valid (a pothole on the A34). I remember thinking when the light lit up - why does my car have a horseshoe?

tire-pressure-light-on-dashboard-car.jpg

😄

But that's the only time mine has ever triggered so either I've been lucky or else my Corolla's system is faulty 😄

Mind you - in over 30 years of driving I've never had a puncture which is why I don't care about not having a spare tyre.

My TPMS activated last week when the weather went a little colder but I was disappointed to see it did not indicate which tyre was under inflated. My wife’s car shows exactly where any problem is. As it happened all 4 of my tyres were at least 5psi under what they should have been. As it had just been serviced I checked the service report but I guess tyre pressures are not a service item. The Toyota system worked fine but it is just a basic set up

Just changed my fronts from Falkens to Goodyear Efficient Grip 2. So much quieter! The change was needed anyway as they were at 3mm and one was intermittently losing a few pounds of pressure (highlighted by the TMPS). The pressure drop turned out to be a rim sealing issue - and was fixed by the Tyres on the Drive fitter. The club offer got me 15% off as well - so a good result all round.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 12:31 PM, Chris Nutt said:

Just changed my fronts from Falkens to Goodyear Efficient Grip 2. So much quieter! The change was needed anyway as they were at 3mm and one was intermittently losing a few pounds of pressure (highlighted by the TMPS). The pressure drop turned out to be a rim sealing issue - and was fixed by the Tyres on the Drive fitter. The club offer got me 15% off as well - so a good result all round.

What size rims are on your Touring Sports? Also how many miles did you get from the Falkens? Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, bigblock said:

What size rims are on your Touring Sports? Also how many miles did you get from the Falkens? Thanks in advance.

I have 17" rims, however I am not 100% sure how many miles the tyres old tyres lasted. I have only had the car 3 months (a used buy) and it has now done 25K miles - however there may have been a front-rear swap at some point in the past. 

Has anyone changed their 18'' Falkens to another brand?

If so, any improvement comfort / noise wise?

1 hour ago, 50p said:

Has anyone changed their 18'' Falkens to another brand?

If so, any improvement comfort / noise wise?

There are few people previously mentioned especially for the 18” wheels that going from falkens to Michelin or Goodyear made a big difference in noise and comfort. The post called best tyres for Corolla if I remember correctly 👍

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links